Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: September 29, 2016
- Newest File: WarpDrive 1.3.29 Release for 1.7.10
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10,1.6.4
- License: All Rights Reserved
WarpDrive Mod 1.7.10, 1.6.4 brings Warp Drive and similar Science fiction technologies to minecraft included but not limited to resource collection (mining asteroids in space), transportation (move your team or your whole base across dimensions), and combat (fight against other ships and bases with laser cannons or other mods).
The following features are already available in the mod:
- Create your own space ship from any blocks (excluding bedrock) and sail it through space.
- Explore the space dimension: asteroids fields filled with ores, gas clouds, planetoids, stars, and NPC ships.
- Jump to hyperspace for quick, long-range traveling!
- Build laser cannons on your ship to fight, mine and win!
- Cloak your ship, base or a space station so that enemy have no clue where you are!
- Provide energy to your ship and its components with an Enantiomorphic reactor
And much more to come…
In depth information
The WarpDrive mod is compatible with:
- Energy transferred in EU (IC2) or RF (CoFH). Hence, we are compatible with IC2, GregTech, Thermal Expansion, Mekanism, EnderIO, BigReactors, AtomicScience, BuildCraft, etc.
- Force fields systems, notably Immibis’ Advanced Repulsion System and Calclavia Modular ForceField System (MFFS).
- Multiblock structures from Mekanism, Calclavia ICBM, IC2 reactors and more.
- NetherOres and Underground biomes mods for world generation.
- Forge & Immibis microblocks, containers (IronChests, etc.), mobs (Cow, Zombies, etc.) and fluids so they jump properly with your ship.
- New dimensions added from any mods, including MystCraft, Galaticraft/Planets, etc.
The mod includes:
- New space dimension with randomly generated asteroids fields, planetoids, gas clouds and derelicts, along with admin generated Jump-gates and stars.
- New hyperspace dimension allowing to move 100x faster then in space. Your ship needs to be big enough to reach hyperspace, or you’ll need to use jump-gates to move in/out of hyperspace.
- Transition planes allowing you to take off from any dimension to reach space, and land from space down to another dimension.
- Easy access for everyone with preloaded programs for ComputerCraft (simply place an Advanced computer next to a machine to use it).
- Extensive API to program machines with ComputerCraft and OpenComputers, for those inclined in LUA.
- Powerful Mining lasers: a SciFi version of Buildcraft quarries.
- Advanced Radar to detect other ships in space. Energy increases drastically with range while Isolation blocks reduces your chance to be seen on radar.
- A unique cloaking system to hide visually your base or ship from players outside of it. Considerable energy is required to sustain the field.
- An unstable inertia driven reactor: the more power output you get, the more chances it’ll explode.
Since 1.3.20, ship can be rotated horizontally.
The following mods are currently supported: Vanilla, ArsMagica2, IndustrialCraft2, OpenComputers, ImmersiveEngineering, EnderIO, ComputerCraft, TConstruct, BiblioCraft, AppliedEnergistics2, Redstone paste, JABBA, StargateTech2, Metallurgy, Natura, Botania, SGCraft, EvilCraft, Thaumcraft, ForgeMultipart (microblocks & WirelessRedstone CBE).
Yes, all vanilla blocks and their derivative are supported. For example, Underground Biomes Construct stairs/buttons are supported.
Yes, EnderIO conduits are rotating too.
Obviously, rotating with unsupported mods aboard will most likely corrupt your words, use at your own risk.
The WarpDrive technology is mostly known from Star Trek. However, the mod applies to other works using this technology like EVE Online, StarCraft, Starship Troopers, Doctor Who, etc. Laser cannons are also fairly common since StarWars and other mods like ICBM have similar features.
Overall, this mod gives freedom for you, as well as players to choose the theme and play-style you like.
For modpack authors, a fairly extensive configuration is included to adjust to their liking.
With the WarpDrive mod, you typically build a small ship in the overworld, and take off (move above Y = 255) to reach space.
From space, you can travel to reach other planet orbits and land (move down below Y = 0) on their dimension. This can be TheEnd, a MystCraft age, or any other mods’ dimension depending on what planet is there.
As planets can be fairly distant from one another, you’ll want to use hyperspace to move much faster. Small ships require jump-gates to reach hyperspace so you’ll want to build a capital ship which can engage hyperdrive. As Capital ships are fairly big, they can’t land on planets, so you’ll have to build them in space.
In space, you can find asteroids to mine with your ship’s mining laser multiblock structure.
Ships leave echos on the radar, empowering you to find derelicts and enemies. Isolation blocks will reduce your echo on the radar, making your ship harder to spot 10k blocks away. From closer range, players can still find your ship with their eyes, that’s why you want a cloaking setup to cover your base or ship.
Once you’ve found an enemy base or ship, you can use your laser cannon to pierce their defenses. Additional cannon can be used to boost your main cannon for added destructive power.
How to play?
Your ship is centered around a Ship core with a Ship controller. Both needs to be placed horizontally next to each others. The Ship core receives both EU and RF power. The Ship controller defines the front of your ship and connects with a ComputerCraft Advanced computer or OpenComputer equivalent.
Using that computer, you define your ship dimensions, name it, move it around, etc.
Your ship size is limited to 127 x 127 x 127 blocks which covers your default render distance.
Players can right click the Warp controller to register their identity and be teleported back on-board from the computer interface.
Ship volume is measured in blocks, excluding air and gases. Volume should be less than 3000 blocks for a ship to take off from and land on planets.
Engaging hyperdrive allows to enter and exit hyperspace, provided your ship volume is at least 1200 blocks.
Power consumption for a jump is typically 10 EU per volume blocks + 100 EU per block distance on planets and space.
Hyperspace movement is typically 10x more expensive while being 100x faster. Each transition to or from hyperspace requires 10M EU.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the WarpDrive Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by LemADEC, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.