Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: August 28, 2017
- Newest File: SpawnTemple-v.1.0-mc1.10.2.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
Sometimes it can be difficult to guarantee a safe spawn when your regular spawn point fails. Spawn Temple ensures a safe world spawn by generating a well-lit structure centered around the world spawn point. The structure is large enough to accommodate any spawn size – singleplayer, multiplayer, etc. At the center of the structure is a fountain, marking the exact spot of the world spawn.
Minecraft 1.10.2 is currently the only supported version, as that is what I am using currently (mostly because of other mods being available, etc.). Versions for other MC versions may become available depending on interest/time.
A few things to note:
- There is no roof. This is because Minecraft will spawn you on the highest possible block. If there were a roof, Minecraft would spawn you on top of the roof instead of inside the temple. It’s annoying, but so it is.
- May impact other mods. For example, the temple will clear the entire sky above it. So if you have, say, Tinker’s Construct and a slime island spawns there, the temple will obliterate it. Use judiciously.
- This mod will run once. This mod should only ever activate when you first generate a new world. If you want to configure it, do so before creating a new world.
- Optional full temple or simple fountain centered around the world spawn point
- Multiple options for lighting system
- Auto-generated approaches to the temple on all four sides (stairs and bridges and such)
- Configurable building material for the temple/fountain
- causewayLength – If the approach is across water or lava, a causeway is generated, either until it hits land (non-liquid block) or this length is exceded. Set to a lower value if you have problems with the world generation.
- fullTemple – Whether to generate the full temple or just the fountain at the center
- generateApproaches – Whether to generate the stairs, bridges, and causeways leading up to the temple’s four doors
- lights – The lighting options available, currently four:
- Torches – the basic lighting option
- Lava – A more impressive lighting system. Can set nearby wood/leaves on fire.
- Jack O’Lanterns – A fun system with a neat gimmick: the jack o’lantern on top of the fountain will always face north
- Glowstone – A more aesthetic lighting system
- templeMaterial – The main building block the temple and fountain are made of. Can be set to any block (including blocks added by other mods) and will default to cobblestone if it doesn’t recognize the specified block
Known Bugs (which I hope to fix at some point):
- Sometimes light levels from light sources are not updated when the structure spawns.
- Other world generation (ponds, trees, etc.) can sometimes spawn through the walls of the structure.
- The structure destroys any entities under it (mobs, plants, even the bonus chest) and throws the contents on the floor of the temple.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Spawn Temple Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by 24297362cb4540ebbdbf7e7db8f30ebd, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.