Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: June 23, 2015
- Newest File:
- Release Type: Release
- License: All Rights Reserved
Soul Shards Reborn – If you are not familiar with the original Soul Shards mod, the basic concept is allowing players to legitimately get mob spawners, by killing tons of mods.
How do i get started with this mod?
First of all you will need a Soul Shard. To get it, you will need:
8 End Stone
1 Glowstone (block)
Next, you need to create a strucure in the world as shown in the picture below:
Finally, right click the center Glowstone block with the diamond, and you will get your Soul Shard!
How to use?
Well, now the fun part starts! Firstly, you must kill a creature to bind it’s soul to the Shard. Please note that a soul shard can only hold one soul type!Next, you need to level up your shard, by getting more kills of the same mob-type it is bound to. Check out complete list of each tier’s characteristics below.
There are a grand total of 5 tiers available. Here are the specs:
- Tier 1: Now you’re getting somewhere! Tier 1 requires 64 kills, and can spawn 2 mobs every 20 seconds, following vanilla mob spawner rules.
- Tier 2: Requires 128 kills, can spawn 4 mobs every 10 seconds, but still follows vanilla spawn rules.
- Tier 3: Requires 256 kills, can spawn 4 mobs every 5 seconds, and does not requires players to be nearby (the chunk must be loaded, though).
- Tier 4: Requires 512 kills, the only difference with the previous tier is that mobs can spawn in worlds that are non-native to them (example, an enderman can now spawn in the overworld as well as in the nether and the end).
- Tier 5: Requires 1024 kills, can spawn 6 mobs every 2 seconds, it completely ignores vanilla spawning mechanics, and responds to a redstone signal
Please note that all tier requirements are fully configurable in the main config file!
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
- FIXED Shift-clicking on soul cages would destroy the soul shard.
- FIXED Possible crash if ComputerCraft was not installed.
- ADDED Server command ssr_killmobs that allows server owners to kill all entities spawned by soul cages.
Mod Download Links: