Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: December 7, 2016
- Newest File: SimplyCaterpillar-126.96.36.199.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.9.4
- License: All Rights Reserved
Simply Caterpillar Mod adds a drill that makes 3×3 mineshafts for you. It is split off from Caterpillar, the gameplay based more on the original concept than what Caterpillar has become.
- Drill Heads – The main part of the drill. Has 24 slots of storage built in, and a fuel slot. Power can be toggled in the gui, and fuel consumption will pause when the caterpillar is turned off.
- Reinforcement Builder – Replaces gravel/sand, lava, water, and air in the square surrounding the mineshaft with the block of your choice. The blocks can all be configured in the gui, as well as what gets replaced on each side.
- Decoration Placer – Builds the inside of the mineshaft. By default, it is set up to make it resemble a vanilla mineshaft, but it is highly configurable. Again, configuration is done from the gui.
- Item Collector – Collects fallen items as it moves, and puts them in the caterpillar’s inventory. Pretty useful if you don’t want to manually pick up all blocks the drill breaks.
- Drill Storage – Adds 24 more slots to the drill’s inventory.
- Incinerator – Destroys the items set in the gui if they are in the caterpillar’s inventory. Useful for preventing the caterpillar’s inventory from getting filled up with materials you don’t want. It is configured to destroy Dirt, Sand, and Gravel by default.
Some of the key differences between this and Caterpillar are that Simply Caterpillar:
- Has unlimited possible caterpillar length
- Doesn’t require you to keep adding drill heads
- Doesn’t limit the number of components in each drill
- Doesn’t have an upgrade system; there is only one, fully functional drill
- Uses the Forge json update system, which is more efficient and far less annoying than the Caterpillar update checker
- Is open source
- Has overall better performance than Caterpillar
- Should receive new features and bug fixes quicker than Caterpillar
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Simply Caterpillar Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by The_Fireplace, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.