Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: May 21, 2018
- Newest File: campfire-1.12-v1.0.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.12,1.11.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
Hi, I’m jsit and I made a little mod. It’s a camp fire, a single use item that cooks food at an accelerated rate and will cook overnight if you sleep.
Step 1: Craft the campfire with sticks and logs. Place it in the world. Be careful, it is hot.
Step 2: Right click with uncooked food to add it to the fire. Right click with the same uncooked food to add more to the fire (up to a full stack). Any time you right click the fire you will take completed, cooked food off the fire. Right click the fire with an empty hand to pull the uncooked food out as well.
Step 3: Let the fire burn. The fire will continue to cook for 7 continuous Minecraft hours (about 6 minutes). That is long enough to cook just over 1 stack of 64 food. If you sleep the full night the fire will be completely burned out by the time you wake. Once the fire burns out (or you break it) the remaining food will be spit out into the world and a pile of ash will be left behind.
This item was originally part of a bigger cowboy themed mod (armors, blast mining, guns, etc) but when testing that mod in a bigger modpack we realized that the camp fire stands on its own fairly well so when moving things to 1.12 I decided to just put the camp fire out as a tiny mod. It should work with any food item that cooks in a default furnace.
I hope people like it and feedback is always welcome.
Please use it. Let me know how it goes.
– Fixed a texture
– Added a tooltip so the item makes some sense if it is discovered via JEI if anyone puts it in a modpack.
– Correctly set version info in mcmod.info and @Mod.
– Broke the sleeping/time jump mechanic in v0.2. Fixed it. Archived v0.2.
– Put together a 1.11.2 version.
– Works with foods from other mods for any food that can be cooked in a furnace.
– Furnace recipes that return multiple items now return correctly in the camp fire but if the cooked food stack is full it dumps the remainder into the world.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Simple Camp Fire Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by jsitt, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.