Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: December 2, 2016
- Newest File: v1.7.10-1.0.4
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10, 1.6.4
- License: All Rights Reserved
Ships mod lets you build a ship out of blocks and sail it around the Minecraft world! It brings Minecraft ships to life with realistic floatation mechanics and propulsion systems. Build your ship out of blocks, find a spot to put the special ship block, and then watch it float on the water. Take the helm and point your ship in any direction to sail the seas. Bring along your friends, your items, and even your bed for an adventure.
- Adds block-based ship entities to Minecraft
- Singleplayer and Multiplayer support
- Ships have physical properties like:
- The blocks you choose determine the ship’s physical properties
- Configure block properties per server
- Ships collide with players, the world, and each other
- Walk around on your ship, even while it’s sailing
- Launch your ship to sail, dock it to change the blocks
- Point your ship in any 360° direction
- Ships actually displace water (no water inside your ships)
- Supports ships up to 10,000 blocks in size
Go to sections(Quick links)
The Ships mod gives you the ability to control small to large masses of blocks, possibly resembling ships, but also adds a few extra pieces to truly make your mass into a great functional ship. Yes anything from a 2 block raft to a 10,000 block battleship can be controlled with this mod.
The key to building a proper ship with this mod is building it above water to start and then making sure it follows guidelines on whether or not it will actually function. Each ship block will give you a GUI popup indicating whether your ship is the right size and whether or not it will even float once it’s launched. This gives you the ability to tweak your design before you end up ruining the whole thing by sinking it.
The basic ship needs only a ship block and a paddle and you’re off. This is really just a much sturdier boat but it won’t break easily and can float freely until you choose to dock it.
Anything beyond a small ship will need a helm in conjunction with the ship block as well as a few sails. More sails mean your ship will go faster. And even better is the helm will tell you how many registered sails you have so it won’t be a guessing game once you decide to launch your ship.
And you can even craft a Berth on your ship in place of a normal bed. Berths will allow you to retain the functionality of a bed and also create a roaming spawn point for you. So if you die you’ll always respawn back on your ship.
One more key aspect that sets this mod apart from others is the clipboard and ship projector combo. This allows you to make copies of ships. Essentially you use the clipboard to make the initial copy by right clicking any ship block attached to a ship. If you’re in survival mode, you’ll be able to use the Ship Projector to project an image of your ship as a hologram and then just simply build on top of it!
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Ships Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by Cuchaz, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.