Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: April 16, 2016
- Newest File:
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.9, 1.8.9, 1.8, 1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
The SaltyMod Mod 1.9, 1.8.9,1.7.10 adds salt to Minecraft. Its uses are largely aesthetic but there are some key features that make it worthwhile outside of adding new blocks. It can be found in ore form, grown via salt crystals, or salvaged from an evaporator.
Salt ore can be crafted into various decorative blocks, slabs and bricks. It can also be formed into lamps. The light is pretty low but works great in certain situations.
The salt in powder form can be used to pickle foods providing a slight extension of your hunger, which is great for long journeys. It can also be used to neutralize rotten flesh so now you’ll finally have a use for it!
You’ll also find salt lakes around the world and underneath them you’ll find blocks of mineral mud. You can create mud mask armor with this, which isn’t very durable but it will provide some health restoration over time. Be careful near water though as it will dissolve over time.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the SaltyMod Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
Download latest file:
This Mod is made by Liahim85 , all credit to modder. Visit the original Mod thread here for all info.