Resource Loader Mod is meant to be used together with Custom Main Menu Mod and Custom Backgrounds Mod but it can be used with any other mod that can take resource locations for config options. It allows users to add their own resources to minecraft. While this would be possible using resource packs these resource packs would be visible in the resource pack window (Which the resources added by this mod aren’t) and you can also just add resources to a simple folder which is easier then repackaging the resource pack every time.
After your first run with this mod installed you will notice a folder called “resources” created in your main minecraft folder (where config,saves etc. are located). That is the place you will be adding your resources to.
In case you don’t know what a resource location is it consists of a resource domain and a resource path. With mods the resource domain is generally the mod id so “randomthings:textures/blocks/advancedFluidDisplay.png” refers to a texture of my Advanced Fluid Display. The vanilla resources are located in the “minecraft” resource domain (“minecraft:textures/blocks/dirt.png”). If a mod you are using now requires you to enter a resource location for something (For example Custom Main Menu or Custom Backgrounds) the resource domain will be a folder in the resources folder.
The Resource Location for singleplayer.png would now be “test:textures/singleplayer.png”.
The things you put in the resources folder can override vanilla resources but can be overridden by installed resource packs. If you want to override everything, including all installed resource packs create a new folder called “oresources” where the resources folder is, resources put in “oresources” have the highest priority, e.g. override everything else that contains that resource. The following image shows how minecraft “searches” for a resource:
How to install Resource Loader Mod?
Follow STEP BY STEP to guide you how to install Resource Loader Mod in Minecraft.
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge. If not, please download Minecraft Forge API for your Minecraft version.
- Go to download section on the below and download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Open the “mods” folder in your Minecraft.
- On Windows – Press ⊞ Win+R and type %appdata%. Open the “.minecraft” folder to find the “mods” folder.
- On Mac – From your desktop press ⌘ Command+⇧ Shift+G and type ~/Library. Open the “Application Support” folder and then “.minecraft” to find the “mods” folder.
- On Linux – Press Ctrl+Alt+T to open the Terminal, then type xdg-open ~/.minecraft. You’ll see the “mods” folder in this directory.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
- Play & Enjoy!
Download Resource Loader Mod
This is made by Lumien231, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.