Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: November 21, 2016
- Newest File: Refraction 1.1
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
Refraction Mod was originally a TMT mod and has been in heavy development ever since. It has gone multiple rewrites and has undergone heavy optimizations for the past three months. We hope you enjoy what we’ve been working on.
Refraction Mod is a mod that is based on the manipulation of light and lasers. You do so by making arrays of magnifiers to collect sunlight into focused beams or by making laser blocks that require glowstone. Light beams in this mod can be split and merged using half mirrors, prisms, and reflection chambers in order to produce different colors of light, and colors of light in the mod all have special effects that will ensure you no boredom ever. For example, a cyan light beam attracts any entities towards the source while a purple beam disperses entities away from the source.
- Q: Can I use this mod in my modpack, public or otherwise?
A: Yes. Feel free to use it. A notification to us would be nice though. 🙂
- Q: I found a bug! What do I do?
A: Press the Issues button and report it there or tell us in our discord server in the #refraction channel.
- Q: Wtf do I do? This mod is complicated! Or how do I use/do [X]?
A: It’s easy. Read the wiki/guide and let it start you off. The rest is up to your imagination. If you have any questions regarding the mod, you can ask us in our discord server in #refraction.
- Q: Is this going to break my world between updates or something?
A: If you get a warning of blocks being missing, don’t worry, nothing will go corrupt but DO back up.
- Q: How the heck do I craft stuff? There’s no book to tell me the recipe!
A: For now, please install the JEI mod and look up the recipes in game through it until we make a guide book.
- Q: What is this feature? Why does this even exist? … WHY?!
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Refraction Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by saadodi, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.