Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: November 27, 2016
- Newest File: RealisticTorches-1.11-2.0.0.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.11,1.10.2,1.10,1.9.4,1.9,1.8.9,1.8,1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
Realistic Torches Mod is a lightweight mod designed for modpack makers looking to add difficulty to the early game. The primary feature of this mod causes torches to burn out after a configurable amount of time, encouraging players to move toward more permanent light sources early on.
- Torches are now unlit when crafting, and must be lit using a matchbox in a crafting grid or flint and steel (not in the rain, though!) after being placed. As a result, the matchbox must be acquired before players can explore caves safely, prevent hostiles from spawning, etc.
- Torches will burn out after a specified amount of time (60 minutes real time by default, can be changed in the config) and become unlit. This encourages players to seek more permanent light sources early on, such as lava or glowstone.
- Permanently lit (vanilla) torches can be crafted using a glowstone crystal instead of coal.
- Certain items and blocks (torches, glowstone dust and blocks, lava buckets, etc.) will emit light when held. This feature is disabled by default due to possible performance issues but can be enabled in the config.
- Torch recipes added by other mods will be removed to ensure that the matchbox or flint and steel must be acquired to craft lit torches (can be disabled in the config).
Go to sections(Quick links)
Unlit Torch (Coal)
Unlit Torch (Charcoal)
Lit Torch (Shapeless, matchbox takes 1 damage per craft)
Glowstone Crystal (Coal)
Glowstone Crystal (Charcoal)
Torch (Vanilla, permanently lit)
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Realistic Torches Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by ChaosTheDude, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.