Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: December 2, 2016
- Newest File: Railcraft 10.0.1
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4, 1.6.2, 1.5.2, 1.4.7
- License: All Rights Reserved
The Railcraft Mod enhances the rail system in Minecraft. It takes it from a few simple tracks to a full blown railway by adding more tracks, carts and even a train engine. You can now do pretty much anything you can imagine with rails and if you like building trains and coasters in Minecraft, you’ll love this mod.
Have you ever wished minecarts and rails had received a bit more attention during development? Well that ends now! Gone are all those broken bits and in their place are a ton of new tools to build your massive rail system. If you ever cared about rails, you wont ever look back!
- Crowbar – Rapid rail adjustment for the experienced rail engineer!
- Working Signalling System – Never experience another head-on collision again!
- Cart Linking – Make a real train!
- Boarding and Holding Rails – Never chase your minecart again!
- One Way Rail – Carts going the wrong way? Not anymore!
- Control Rail – Power entire sections of track to propel carts in the direction you want!
- Junction Rail – Putting the diamond in your rails (no actual diamonds required).
- Launch Rail – I can see my house!
- High Speed Rails – Get there faster! If you don’t crash.
- Wooden Rails – Jurassic Park style, only with creepers instead of dinosaurs.
- Elevator Rail – Go up, fast.
- TNT Cart – Explosive fun!
- Tank Cart – The easy way to transport Buildcraft liquids!
- Energy Cart – Convenience away from home, bring your IndustrialCraft2 power with you!
- Tunnel Bore – Avoid the monotony of digging perfect tunnels!
- Detector Blocks – More freedom to control your carts!
- Loader/Unloader – Move items and liquids automatically!
- Cart Dispenser – Convenient storage for you carts!
- Chunk Management – Automate things even when you are not around!
- Module based system that lets you remove the parts of the mod you dislike.
- Extensive configuration file that allows you to disable any block or item or change the way rails are crafted.
- Full Multilingual localization support.
- New Minecart Physics
- Rebalanced drag rates for carts – Now your storage carts will actually reach their destination!
- Completely new collision code – Carts can now push other carts, furnace carts are almost not useless!
- Various Tweaks
- Names of default minecarts simplified.
- Improved lighting on minecarts.
- Minecart reversal recipes. Separate that chest from that cart.
- All rail recipes completely reworked to make an entire industry out of building a railroad. What good is Buildcraft with nothing to build? (config option)
- Minecarts now have a max stack size of three. (config option)
- Minecarts no longer break into separate parts when destroyed. (config option)
- Minecarts no longer collide with items at normal speeds. (config option)
There are a few higher speed tracks that give you a significant boost over traditional tracks. The High Speed Track is unpowered at 2.5x standard and the High Speed booster track significantly boosts the cart speed to 125%, which can be very dangerous. And the Launch Track is more fun than practical as it will launch your cart into the air. It’s great for jumps or if you want to make a creative entrance to your home.
There’s a great new Reinforced Track, which is both faster and nearly indestructible. It’ll help to ensure that your track will remain intact and won’t be susceptible to creeper blasts or damage from Ghasts in the Nether.
The elevator track allows you to place tracks vertically and will lift or lower an attached minecart. This is a fantastic new system for creating an elevator rather than using a clever hack with ladders or water. It’s great for loot delivery as well and also functions as a regular ladder you can climb.
Switch tracks will allow you to create a railway similar to real life. You’ll now be able to manage the direction of rails and switch their tracks whenever you need to. You can even automate the switching with a switch motor.
The Work Cart is a great asset if you need a quick crafting table while working on your rails. Say you’re building a rail in the middle of the ocean and need a crafting table. Well this one will roll with you.
There’s an incredibly handy new cart that will replace existing track with whatever you set it to in its inventory. So if you wanted to quickly swap out some old track with new ones from this mod then this cart will streamline the process for you so you won’t have to manually destroy and re-lay all that track. You’ll need to link it to a chest cart that will store the track you want to lay. The relayer will then pull from the chest and replace the old track with the new as it chugs along.
And one of the coolest additions to this mod is the Tunnel Bore. This will make the process of digging your tunnels much easier. It will do exactly as its name suggests and bore a tunnel for you in a mountain or any length of wall you need track to go through. And it will hold a stock of rails that you want it to place as it goes. Load it up with gravel in the Ballast inventory and that will provide ground if it encounters none along its path.
Reference the wiki here for more tracks and fun items with the Railcraft mod.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Railcraft Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by CovertJaguar , all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.