Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: December 4, 2016
- Newest File: Pam's DesertCraft 1.11a.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.11,1.10.2,1.7.10,1.7.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
This mod adds in three new sets of tools (cactus – wood, sandstone – stone, and glass steel – gold), a new armor set (cactus – leather), sixteen desert-themed plants that only spawn in desert biomes, glass steel ingots (made from eight glass and one iron to make four), a glass steel window (resists explosions), and a recipe to turn cactus blocks into planks.
The DesertCraft mod is a simple tweak to add more to desert biomes. Vanilla Minecraft seems to be a bit lacking when it comes to deserts and this mod aims to fill them up a bit. Now you have more cactus varieties, flowers and dry grasses.
But the mod also adds a bit more use from cactus and sand. You can now make cactus armor and tools. They have about the same durability as wood or gold but they make for an extra utility to make tools and armor early on in the game, especially in more hardcore environments and if you happen to spawn in the desert.
Sandstone tools can also be made and have the same durability as stone.
And you can now craft glass steel ingots to make glass steel tools. These have about the same durability as gold tools and also look really neat.
But perhaps the most useful item added with this mod is the glass steel window. Made with glass steel ingots and it resists blasts. Makes for great protection against creepers and TNT.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Pam’s DesertCraft Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by MatrexsVigil , all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.