Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: May 21, 2018
- Newest File: netherchest-0.1.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.11.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
This mod adds one block: the nether chest. It serves a counterpart to the ender chest, having a special ability based on the nether dimension. When items are stored in nether chest, their normal stack size limit is multiplied by 8 due to the way the nether compresses space by a factor of 8. This stack size increase also applies to tools and any other items that aren’t normally stackable. The downside to these chests, however, is that they cannot be accessed by hoppers or other forms of automation. Additionally, trying to open one in the nether is a very bad idea.
There are a few config options for the mod, which I figured I’d mention here so you don’t have to install it and run the game to see what options there are.
- Text size of the item count of stacks stored in nether chests
- By default, this is set to 75% to make room for numbers up to 512, however if you don’t like that, it can be configured to any number between 0.5 and 1.0
- Explosion strength from nether chests that are opened in the nether
- You can’t turn off the explosions, sorry, but you can turn their strength down to 1, which is 1/3 the strength of a creeper, or you can turn it up as high as 64, which is over 10 times as strong as a charged creeper
- Central recipe ingredient
- Unless you use CraftTweaker, the recipe for a nether chest will always require 4 nether brick blocks and 4 iron ingots, but you can use this config option to change the middle ingredient to any item in the game (although it isn’t damage or nbt sensitive). The default for this is blaze powder.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Nether Chest Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by thatguy3039, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.