Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: November 30, 2019
- Newest File: moreoverlays-1.15.1-mc1.12.2.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.14.4, 1.12.2, 1.11.2, 1.10.2, 1.9.4, 1.8.9
- License: All Rights Reserved
More Overlays Mod is a client Side mod! Its adds some of the overlays from Not Enough Items (Mob Spawns, Chunk Bounds, Item Search).
It is a favorites mod for minecraft created by FeldiM245 on Mar 30, 2016 and the last updated on Nov 19, 2019 for Minecraft 1.14.4 version, so far is a total of 19,646,672 downloads.
This mod created for the latest version is Minecraft 1.14.4 Mods, but it’s still supported the most popular version is 1.10.2.
- Chunk Boundaries
- Light Level / Mob spawns ( 16 block range )
- Item search (only if JEI is installed)
- F9 : Chunk Boundaries
- F7 : Light Level / Mob spawns
- Z (only in inventorys) : Item search
In version 0.5 or above you can change the config ingame:
- from the Main Screen: Mods -> MoreOverlays -> Config
- from the Pause Menu: Mod Options… -> MoreOverlays -> Config
Mob Spawns / Light Level:
Shows a yellow X on blocks if monsters can spawn at night or a red X if spawns are always possible.
Has three modes it shows red lines in the corners and a yellow line in the middle of the chunk.
In the 2. mode it also shows a green grid on the edges of the chunk.
In the 3. mode the green grid outlines a minecraft or cubicchunks region and displays the corresponding region save file in the top left corner. (since version 1.15.0 for minecraft 1.12.2)
Only works if JEI is installed.
If it is enabled you can search in JEI for items and all items in the currently open inventory that doesn’t match the filter will get blacked out.
Before 1.10 (for MC 1.10.2/1.11.2) there was a Keybinding to enable that feature.
Since 1.10 you can double click on the JEI Search bar to enable that feature (Just like in NEI).
This mod integrates with some other mods to fix bugs or add features.
- JustEnoughItems (by mezz): Item Search only works when JEI is installed since it uses the search algorithm from JEI to highlight items.
- Custom Mob Spawner (by DrZharks): Light Overlay integrates with that mod to show where mobs can spawn according to the custom spawn handling implemented by that mod. (temporary removed in 1.16.0)
- OpenCubicChunks (by barteks2x): Region Overlays show the save files that cubic chunks uses. (Chunk & Region grids needs improvement)
- Mantle: Item Search integrates with the GUI API that is part of mantle in order to show slots at the position they appear on screen.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the More Overlays Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by feldim2425, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.