Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: August 22, 2016
- Newest File: Mineralogy_1.10.2-3.2.0
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.9.4,1.9,1.8.9, 1.8
- License: All Rights Reserved
The Minecraft Mineralogy Mod 1.9,1.8.9, 1.8 replaces the generic underground stone with real-world examples. The underground world has geological “biomes” of either sedimentary, igneous, or metamorphic rocks. Most of the new rocks can be crafted into polished versions by crafting 4 blocks of the same rock in a crafting grid.
Go to (Quick links)
A house/temple made with polished rocks:
An evil shrine made of stair and slab blocks:
Caving with Minecraft Mineralogy:
Stone and Cobblestone
The new rock types can be used in the place of stone and cobblestone in vanilla Minecraft recipes.
If you need cobblestone, use this recipe (or you could make a cobblestone generator using lava and water): Craft 2 gravel blocks + 2 rock blocks = 4 cobblestone blocks
You can now smelt gravel directly into “stone” blocks.
Stairs and Half-Slabs
All rock types that have polished versions can be crafted into stairs and slabs (the polished blocks can also be made into stairs). Stacking polished slabs on top of each other makes for nice stone columns.
These panels are crafted from gypsum and paper and can be colored like wool.
1 Saltpeter + 1 Sulphur + 1 Charcoal = 4 Gun Powder
1 Saltpeter + 1 Sulphur + 1 Sugar = 4 Gun Powder
Mineral fertilizer is even better than bonemeal for growing crops because a single use fertilizes a 3×3 area.
1 Saltpeter + 1 Phosphorous = 1 Mineral Fertilizer
How to install Mineralogy Mod:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Mineralogy Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by jriwanek, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.