Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: May 2, 2016
- Newest File: MineChess-1.8.8-1.4.1.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.8.8, 1.8, 1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
This is chess in Minecraft! And this chess isn’t just the ordinary chess, this is MineChess! It’s like the Harry Potter style of chess. The pieces live, and ‘capturing’ a piece is more violent than the capturing you’re used to with chess.
MineChess Mod includes special moves like pawn promotion, castling and ‘En Passant’. It also includes AI!
Go to sections(Quick links)
When you select a piece by right clicking it you can view the possible moves of this piece (can be disabled in the config)
Now you have a chessboard generator, rightclick with this item on a flat ground. A checkered board appears, and so will 32 chesspieces. Each piece will go to its home position on the chessboard. To control the pieces craft the following items:
Now take the white piece mover, and right click the (white) piece you want to move. A chat message appears, and also a couple of tiles of the chessboard will highlight (can be disabled in the configs). These highlighted tiles represent the tiles you can move this piece to. Rightclick one of these tiles with the white piece mover in your hand, and the piece will start to move. Now it’s black’s turn. You can only move pieces with the piece mover that are colored the same as your piece mover (black moves black, white moves white).
If you’re playing multiplayer, other players nearby the chessboard will get notified of certain moves. These are: movement, checks, checkmates, stalemates, or when you’re surrendering.
When it’s checkmate you’ll see a confirmation in the chat. Twenty seconds later the losing team will start to disappear. Five seconds later your own pieces will start to disappear.
If you want to surrender, you can. Shift right click with your piece mover on your own king. He will ask if you’re sure, and if you are, Shift right click again. The opposite team wins and the pieces disappear
World Generated Structures
You can find chess puzzles in Minecraftia. These are found underground. The spawnrate is configurable in the configs. When you enter the arena you get a chat message containing the task of the puzzle. You need piece movers to move the pieces of your color. The computer will move when it’s his turn. When you solve the puzzle, the computer’s king will transform into a chest. One guarenteed reward is the AI Injector. If you fail, one of the following negative things can happen:
- The computer pieces start to burn. When they normally would clear out (as the puzzle is done), they transform in a mob. Each piece has a specific mob they transform into. The king transforms into a charged creeper. The best approach is to run for your life when you see the pieces burn, as it takes a while before the computer pieces transform.
- You hear a creepy cave sound. It could be coincidence, but more often than not a maximum of 3 creepers have spawned just outside the puzzle arena, of which one is charged.
- You’ll get one to three random negative potion effects.
- The (wool) floor of the area goes in flames.
Screenshot of a found puzzle arena.
When you complete a Chess puzzle one of the guarenteed rewards is the AI Injector. This item which only can be aqcuired by this can be used to inject an AI in a chess team. To do this generate a chess board with a Board Generator (already begun games also can be injected), and right click the pieces of the color you want to transform into a computer. The difficulty of the AI can be changed (if you’re a server admin / SSP) by changing the aidepth config option. You can also change the difficulty in-game by using the command “/aidepth <depth>”. The depth is 5 by default, and takes about 30 seconds before it does a move.
As a fun note: You can also inject both teams with AI, which will result into two computers playing against each other.
/killpiece <x> <y> <z> <color>
When you want to test some positions, or if you want to remove chesspieces for some other reason, you can use the command /killpiece. If you want to remove a black piece located at for example 10, 20, 13, type “/killpiece 10 20 13 black”.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the MineChess Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
Download latest file:
This Mod is made by MineMaarten, all credit to modder. Visit the original Mod thread here for all info.