Mekanism Mod 1.10.2,1.9.4,1.7.10 is an independent tech mod that brings low, mid, and high tier machinery to Minecraft. The mod doesn’t have an actual goal, and you’ll understand this when you see all the random content Mekanism contains, from jetpacks to balloons. However, I can assure you that you’ll notice all the content blend together as you get to know the mod better!
Mekanism uses a tier-based system when organizing several of its core features, including Energy Cubes and Factories. There are four tiers: basic, the simplest tier, advanced, the second-most basic tier, elite, the second-most complex tier, and ultimate, the most complex tier. You can upgrade tiers by placing the component in a crafting grid and surrounding it with the necessary resources for the next upgrade (I recommend NotEnoughItems!).
By the time you’ve been using Mekanism for a while, you’ll have a near-instructible suit of Obsidian Armor, be obtaining four ingots for each ore you mine, have the ability to fly wherever you want with the hydrogen-powered jetpacks, and have a cute robotic friend following you around while you mine.
- Energy Cube – a three-tiered energy storage device capable of holding 1,000, 2,500, and 5,000 KJ. Can accept and output Universal Electricity, BuildCraft and IndustrialCraft power. Breaking it will yield the cube, but with the same amount of energy it contained when it dropped. This item can then be used as a battery in, say, an MFSU. Place it down, and you get an Energy Cube with the same amount of energy.
- Energy Tablet – a universal battery, capable of storing 250 KJ, that works with IC2 and UE.
- Platinum Compressor – a machine capable of combining various vanilla-based materials with Platinum to obtain various alloys.
- Combiner – a machine used to combine dusts with Cobblestone in order to obtain their ore form. Not a cheap process — requires extensive amounts of electricity and 8 dusts to create a single ore, although working with materials including Copper, Tin, Silver and Lead.
- Metallurgic Infuser – a machine used to combine alloys such carbon and an enriched form of iron to obtain steel, or tin dust and a copper ingot to obtain bronze.
- Crusher – a machine used to crush ingots of various materials in order to obtain their dust counterpart. Also can be used to crush clumps into dirty forms of dust, or to compress plant-based materials into biofuel. Yes, it can get you coal dust.
- Enrichment Chamber – a machine used to enrich ores into two of their dust form. Also is capable of turning dirty dust into it’s pure form of dust.
- Purification Chamber – a second-tier version of the Enrichment Chamber, used to turn an ore into three clumps — in other words, 300% ore output. Requires a large amount of Oxygen to function.
- Electrolytic Separator – a machine that splits water molecules using an electric current, leaving you with two units of Hydrogen and one of Oxygen.
- Smelting Factory – an electric furnace with 3 tiers — having 3, 5, and 7 operation slots.
- Solar Generator – a generator that runs completely on the sun — generating a small amount of electricity during the day, and none at night.
- Advanced Solar Generator – nine-times more efficient than the Solar Generator, taking up 11 times more space. Cheaper than nine Solar Generators.
- Bio-Generator – used to create energy out of BioFuel. A fairly efficient process, although automation will be handy considering the BioFuel doesn’t last that long.
- Heat Generator – a thermopile-based machine that is capable of producing tiny amounts of energy when lava surrounds it. Also works as a solid-fuel generator, simply put any burnable resource in the fuel slot and it will generate you plenty of electricity.
- Hydrogen Generator – directly converts Hydrogen into useable electricity. Requires immense amounts of Hydrogen to function, but generates large amounts of electricity. Can be directly connected to an Electrolytic Separator.
- Machine-based upgrade system that cooperates with all other UE mods.
- Atomic Disassembler, end-game electronic multitool.
- Electric Bow, capable of catching arrows on fire before launch.
- Configurator, used to modify machines’ sided inventories (implementable API).
- 6 sets of tools and armor, all with visible HP information.
- Full-fledged IC2 and BuildCraft integration.
- In-game update system.
- Completely open source.
- Plenty more features!
Deep sea exploration and walkie talkies!
Become a chemist!
Create an ore quadrupling foundry!
Process ores seven times faster with factories!
How to install:
- Mekanism requires Minecraft Forge to load. Mekanism is separated into a core module that includes all the primary content, and several other modules that focus on specific aspects of the mod.
- The core module is required for all the others to be installed, but none of the other modules are dependent upon each other.
- Just drop the modules you want into your “mods” folder to install, and you’re good to go!
Note: MDK (Mekanism Development Kit) is intended for use by developers and should not be used alongside the other modules.
Download latest file:
This mod is made by aidancbrady, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.