Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: November 24, 2016
- Newest File: weather2-1.10.2-2.3.15.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.8.9,1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
Localized Weather & Stormfronts Mod – Have you ever thought that Minecraft lacked in the unexpected terror department? Are mobs not enough to keep you up at night trying to defend your precious hovel? Well maybe adding unannounced storms to your game is up your alley.
The Local Weather & Stormfronts mod adds a more realistic weather system than the standard rain and snow. It adds a series of storms ranging from hail and lightning to tornados and hurricanes. The storms will spawn randomly as rain and snow do but they will also spawn better in certain areas. Rain clouds will gather over areas with more water for example.
You can also manually call storms either with commands or the added Machine Block that can bring a variety of storms depending on what you set it to.
The mod adds some preventative measures like a wind vane and an Anemometer to measure the direction and speed of the wind. It gives you a forecast block to analyze what type of storm is near. And it also adds a tornado siren block to alert you of oncoming storms.
It’s actually quite a terrifying mod. Seeing blocks and animals swoop in the air in the midst of a wind storm might get you panicking a little more than if you see creepers nearby. You’ll also want to get below ground if you’re not on creative mode. The wind will catch you and drop you from dangerous heights if you get in it’s path.
- Localized weather! See rain and nastier storms coming in from a distance
- Replaces vanilla clouds with my own particle based ones that are always shifting around
- Replaces rain and snowfall with a particle based one that blows in the wind
- Rain clouds build up moisture from water and moist biomes
- Stormfront system uses biome temperature differences to create nasty storms!
- Improved look of storms from old weather mod
- Forecast block that projects the active storms on a grid
- Machine block that can create various types of storms at that location
- Deflector block that can destroy storms within a 150 block radius to protect your creations
- Wind Vane to show the direction of the wind (Model made by Razz of DecoCraft)
- Anemometer to show the speed of the wind
- User friendly GUI to enable/disable the most common features, comes with advanced options
- Scenes enhanced with falling leaf particles and waterfall effects
- Trees make blowing in wind sound, waterfalls make strong water sounds
- Can enhance snowfall with more gradual smooth buildup (default off, memory hungry!)
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Local Weather & Stormfronts Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by Corosus , all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.