Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: August 10, 2015
- Newest File:
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.8
- License: All Rights Reserved
Highlands – Uncharted Territory Mod aims to be a comprehensive improvement of Minecraft biomes, trees, and terrain. If you’ve ever felt bored exploring the world of Minecraft, this is your mod.
In 1.8, Highlands Mod is going into uncharted territory, where no biome mod has gone before. It’s been designed from the ground up, and features from the old 1.6.4 Highlands will be added in as they are updated. Highlands also gives you an incentive to explore into uncharted territory, whether to search for the perfect mountain to build a base on, to complete your botanical garden, or to search for more lucrative mining opportunities.
- 18 new biomes!
- Biome rarity fix!
- Improvements to vanilla biomes!
- 6 small plants!
- 8 trees, all with their own wood, leaves and planks!
- Fully compatible with customized world settings!
- Custom world type and mountain generation!
- Ore generation changes per biome!
- Settings to disable biomes you don?t want!
- Forest generation based on height!
- Adirondacks – Tall mountains of dirt and exposed stone, with forested foothills.
- Alps – Inhospitable mountains covered in deep snow, with pine forests in the valleys.
- Badlands – Plateaus and valleys of clay and dirt.
- Highlands – rolling hills covered in shrubs and flowering plants.
- Lake – a small body of water that appears in many inland biomes. Poplar trees can grow on the shores.
- Bald Hill – a tall treeless hill that provides a good lookout point over forests.
- Bamboo Forest – a dense forest of thin bamboo plants.
- Dry Forest – a low landscape covered in Aspen trees and shrubs.
- Grey Mountains – Ominous rocky crags covered in boulders and gnarled plants. The forested valleys contain many dead trees.
- Lowlands – Scattered lakes and low hills with stone and pine trees.
- Meadow – An idyllic plain with poplar trees and many flowers.
- Mojave – A dry semi-desert with red sand and Acacia trees.
- Pinelands – Tall but weathered hills and mountains with pine trees and shrubs.
- Poplar Hills – Lakes and hills covered in poplar trees.
- Redwood Forest – A dense forest with fir and giant redwood trees, and a podzol floor.
- Tropical Hills – Tall hills with a forest of Eucalyptus trees.
- Tropical Islands – A player lost at sea might discover one of these palm tree covered islands.
Trees and Plants:
- Aspen – A medium tree with light colored wood and autumn leaves.
- Bamboo – A small tree with a very thin stem.
- Eucalyptus – a tall straight tree that grows in the tropics.
- Fir – A tall thin pine tree with dark wood.
- Palm – A tropical palm tree.
- Poplar – A small tree that grows straight and thin.
- Redwood – A giant redwood tree that can grow to be more than 40 blocks tall.
- Dead – An oak tree that has lost all of its leaves.
- Great Oak – Oak trees can grow much more massive in the forests of Highlands.
- Shrubs – pine and oak shrubs that grow low to the ground.
- Waterflower – Small blue flowers on a dark stem.
- Cattail – Reeds that grow in the swamps and wetlands.
- Cotton – A bush with fluffy white tufts that can be spun into cloth.
- Blueberry Bush – Wild blueberries that grow in hilly areas.
- Raspberry Bush – Wild raspberries that grow in hilly areas.
- Lavender – A purple flowering plant.
- Tropical Leaf Fern – a fern-like plant with one big leaf.
- Thornbush – bush with prickly thorns.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Highlands – Uncharted Territory.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge