Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: May 7, 2016
- Newest File: Helpful Villagers v1.3.1
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
The Helpful Villagers Mod 1.7.10 is a great addition to the game to give you more out of your villages. Typically when you find a new village it may be a good starting point for your own city or you can utilize it for trade. But ultimately villages are pretty mundane in vanilla Minecraft. With this mod you can now give your villagers professions and skills in order to become self sustained.
- Better Models – Villager models now resemble player models, no more crossed arms and big noses.
- More Interaction – Villagers are no longer walking trading posts. Now clicking on a villager will bring up a set of commands that will make the villager follow the player, trade with the player, or change its profession.
- Villager Inventory – Villagers can now carry as many items as a small chest which the player can access at any time. Also, villagers can now equip functional armor and a held item which they use to perform certain tasks.
- Working Professions – Unlike in vanilla Minecraft, a villager’s profession does more than just determine what type of items he can trade. Now not only do villagers perform complicated tasks based on their profession but they do them almost completely autonomously, just give them the tools to get the job done and leave the hard work to them!
- Guild Halls – When a villager isn’t working he will return to his guild hall to resupply and store any items he has collected for you to pick up at your leisure
Go to (Quick links)
The most important aspect in order to give your new citizens jobs is the Guild Hall. You’ll need it to unlock jobs to assign your villagers. All you need to do is add a frame to any building with a door in the village. Then put the appropriate tool in the frame that corresponds to a specific job; i.e. axe for lumberjack, hoe for farmer, etc. Do this for each profession and you’ll be in business.
Then when you right click a villager you’ll be able to assign any jobs you’ve unlocked. After that you’ll need to either stock the guild with tools for your now employed villagers or manually give them equipment.
Then once you’ve given out jobs and tools, your villagers will go to work. It may be slow going at first but eventually you’ll have people farming, fishing and mining for you.
And one important aspect to this mod is that each villager has their own inventory. This is not only good for them to collect items they drop but you can also store your own excess inventory with them and then have them follow you around!
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Helpful Villagers Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
Download latest file:
This Mod is made by WeaselMods, all credit to modder. Visit the original Mod thread here for all info.