Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: June 11, 2017
- Newest File: HardcoreDarkness-MC1.12-1.9.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10, 1.11.2, 1.10.2, 1.8.9, 1.12
- License: All Rights Reserved
You have probably noticed it yourself but its never actually pitch black in minecraft. Even if you are in a cave with no torches you will still be able to see something independent of your gamma setting. Hardcore Darkness Mod changes this, it removes the minimum block & sky light so if there is no light source its actually dark.
After you install this mod it will be in mode 0, there are 3 different modes and they can be changed in the config file:
0. There is no minimum block & sky light
1. There is no minimum block light
2. There is no minimum block light & the sky light is dependent on the moon phase
There are also some other options in the config file:
- “Dark Nether” : “Whether the minimum light of the nether should also be removed”
- “Dark End” : “Whether the minimum light of the end should also be removed”
- “Dark Twilight Forest” [1.7.10] : “Whether the time in the Twilight Forest should be fixed to midnight instead of dusk”
- “AlternativeNightSkylight” : “In Mode 1 & 2 the skylight has a slightly blue tint, this option replaces that with a slightly green/yellow tint”
- “Dimension Blacklist” : “A list of dimension ids separated by “,” in which Hardcore Darkness will not take effect”
If you install this mod on a server all clients will have to have Hardcore Darkness installed. Clients will also be forced to use the config file you specify on your server.
Feel free to use this mod in a modpack
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Hardcore Darkness Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by lumien231, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.