Custom Main Menu Mod allows you to modify the main menu using a json file, you can modify the content / position of pretty much everything the vanilla menu contains. In addition you can also add new stuff to your menu like a slideshow, web links or completely new sub menus.
After your first run with this mod the only difference you should notice is that there is an additional button added in your main menu. If you look in the config/CustomMainMenu folder you will notice a file called menu.json. In there you will see all elements the vanilla main menu has, modifying the content and pressing the refresh button ingame will allow you to instantly see what changes you made (You can remove the refresh button once you are happy with your result). Everything in there should be fairly self explanatory if you have ever worked with json files.
All cursive properties allow a random value. Example: “text” : [“Text1″,”Text2″,”Text3″,”Text4”]. One of the values will be selected randomly every minecraft run.
For the texture / image / text property it takes a resource location (or (for images) if you use web as your resource domain an url to an image online). You can add your own resources ones using either a resource pack or Resource Loader Mod(easier).
Go to sections(Quick links)
Black and White
The Rising World
How to install Custom Main Menu Mod?
Follow STEP BY STEP to guide you how to install Custom Main Menu Mod in Minecraft.
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge. If not, please download Minecraft Forge API for your Minecraft version.
- Go to download section on the below and download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Open the “mods” folder in your Minecraft.
- On Windows – Press ⊞ Win+R and type %appdata%. Open the “.minecraft” folder to find the “mods” folder.
- On Mac – From your desktop press ⌘ Command+⇧ Shift+G and type ~/Library. Open the “Application Support” folder and then “.minecraft” to find the “mods” folder.
- On Linux – Press Ctrl+Alt+T to open the Terminal, then type xdg-open ~/.minecraft. You’ll see the “mods” folder in this directory.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
- Play & Enjoy!
Download Custom Main Menu Mod
This is made by Lumien, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.