Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: January 11, 2017
- Newest File: CustomBackgrounds-MC1.11-1.1.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.11.2,1.11,1.10.2,1.10,1.9.4,1.9,1.8.9
- License: All Rights Reserved
Custom Backgrounds Mod is client side mod allows you to change the boring old dirt background of your minecraft menu to something nicer.
When you first install the mod on your client it will be in random mode. It will randomly select a background out of a pool from blocks i found looked quite nice as backgrounds.
You can also specify your own background in the config file (Fixed-Background), it takes a Resource Location. For example “textures/blocks/stone.png” will be stone and “textures/blocks/bedrock.png” will be bedrock. If you open up your minecraft.jar in a zip program you can see all the names of the vanilla minecraft textures.
This also works for blocks (/textures) from other mods, just open up the mod jar in a zip program and locate the texture you wanna use in their assets folder and stick “modid:” in front of it. For example “mineralogy:textures/blocks/drywall_yellow.png” will use the yellow drywall texture from Mineralogy.
If you wanna use your own texture you can add that using resource packs or with Resource Loader (easier).
Some possible examples:
Feel free to use this mod in any modpack
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Custom Backgrounds Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by lumien231, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.