Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: September 27, 2015
- Newest File:
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.x, 1.5.x, 1.4.x
- License: All Rights Reserved
The CubeWorld Mod adds a neat dynamic to world creation in Minecraft. It essentially separates many different biomes into floating cube planets in the sky.
You start off in one of the cubes based on random selection as always with new worlds. The only difference is you’re encased in glass looking out to all the other adjacent mini cube worlds.
What makes this mod so interesting is how restricting it makes everything. You now have to be a little more creative and resourceful if you want to survive. All mobs will spawn as normal so due to the restricted space, you’ll need to be sure to build shelter lest you end up cornered by zombies or blown up by creepers.
And with that there are also Stronghold and Dungeon cubes that you can build yourself a path to and hopefully reclaim some much needed resources.
This mod also retains the Nether and the End as achievable realms to add even more difficulty to your game.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
Previous versions can be downloaded from the previous versions box on the right.
*The installation for older, non-forge versions is different – install them as normal jarmods*