Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: April 29, 2016
- Newest File: Catwalks 2.0.4
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
Catwalks 2 Mod adds Catwalks, Caged Ladders, Scaffolding, and Support Columns, each of which has both practical and aesthetic uses. Except for the Support Columns, they just look cool.
- Catwalks make you walk faster and can quickly be extended horizontally.
- Caged Ladders can’t be fallen out of and can be climbed at almost 2x the speed of normal ladders.
- Scaffolding can be climbed like a ladder. They can quickly be placed, destroyed, extended, and retracted. When you use the builder’s variety they act like tall grass, where right-clicking them with a block will replace them.
- Support Columns mostly look cool. They technically are ladders but are so slow they’re pretty much useless as ladders.
- Sturdy Rails are self-supporting versions of normal rails that don’t need a redstone signal to be active.
Go to sections(Quick links)
Any of the blocks in this mod can be destroyed more quickly with a Blowtorch, or can be broken instantly and deposited directly into your inventory by shift+left-clicking with a Blowtorch.
- The sides of Catwalks can be enabled/disabled by right-clicking with a Blowtorch.
- When any side of the Catwalk is disabled, the hitbox becomes 1/4 block tall and completely invisible unless you are holding a Blowtorch.
- Right-clicking on the inside of the Catwalk will actually click on the outside, allowing you to place blocks on the outside of the Catwalk.
- You can’t jump over the sides of a Catwalk unless you’re sneaking.
- Catwalks will give you a speed boost while you are inside them, roughly equivalent to a speed 1 potion. (configurable)
- If they are in a vertical stack, Catwalks can be climbed like ladders.
- You can cling to a Catwalk that is in a stack by sneaking or holding a Blowtorch. If you are holding a Blowtorch, you can sneak to climb down.
- The sides of Caged Ladders can be enabled/disabled by right-clicking with a Blowtorch.
- When any side of the Caged Ladder is disabled, the hitbox will shrink to 1/4 block wide and be completely invisible unless you are holding a Blowtorch.
- Right-clicking on the inside of the Caged Ladder will actually click on the outside, allowing you to place blocks on the outside of the Caged Ladder.
- Caged Ladders allow you to climb at almost 2 times the speed of normal ladders. ( about 5 blocks per second ) (configurable)
- You cannot climb the outside of a Caged Ladder. (configurable)
- You can cling to a Caged Ladder by sneaking or holding a Blowtorch. If you are holding a Blowtorch, you can sneak to climb down.
- By default, Support Columns are a full block in length along one axis.
- Support Columns will align with the side of the block they are placed on.
- Support Columns can be made “non-directional” by right-clicking on them with a Blowtorch. (see image 2 above, center support)
- Support Columns can be made “directional” again by right-clicking on them with a Blowtorch. This will align them with the side clicked.
- Support Columns are climbable as ladders, although they are much slower than normal ladders.
- You can cling to a Support Column by sneaking, holding a Support Column, or holding a Blowtorch. If you’re holding a Support Column or Blowtorch, you can sneak to slowly climb down.
- Support Columns can be extended by shift+right-clicking one with a support column in your hand. This will extend it direction opposite the side clicked.
- Support Columns can be retracted by shift+right-clicking one with a Blowtorch in your hand. This will retract it from in the direction opposite the side clicked.
- Support Columns can show two particle effects when extending:
White stars if it encounters another line of Support Columns.
Red stars if it can’t extend any further.
- Scaffolds will instantly break when hit.
- Scaffolds can be extended/retracted exactly like Support Columns, and will show the same particle effects.
- Scaffolds are climbable like ladders and are just as fast as ladders.
- You can cling to a Scaffold by sneaking, holding a Scaffold, or holding a Blowtorch. If you’re holding a Scaffold or Blowtorch, you can sneak to slowly climb down.
- Scaffolds come in two varieties:
- Normal Scaffolds: These are just a normal block.
- Builder’s Scaffolds: Right-clicking on these with a block will replace the scaffold with it that block.
- Right-clicking a Normal Scaffold with a Blowtorch will toggle between the Normal and Builder’s Scaffold textures.
- Sturdy Rails act almost exactly like vanilla rails.
- There are Sturdy versions of all the vanilla rails.
- Sturdy Rails don’t need a block to support them and can’t be placed directly above another rail.
- Sturdy Powered/Activator Rails don’t require a redstone signal, instead they are toggled by right-clicking with a Blowtorch.
- Right-clicking on the top of a Sturdy Rail with a Sturdy Rail in your hand will extend the rail line in the direction you are facing.
- Sturdy rails will connect to normal rails.
- The Blowtorch is the configuration tool of the catwalks mod, although you should be able to use most wrenches interchangeably.
- Rope Light can be added to a Catwalk or Caged Ladder by right-clicking.
- Rope Light will cause the block to glow and the texture to change.
- Caution Tape can be added to a Catwalk or Caged Ladder by right-clicking.
- Caution Tape will cause the texture of the block to change.
- Caution Tape can be removed from a Catwalk or Caged Ladder by shift+right-clicking with an empty hand-first removing the lights, then the tape.
Go to sections(Quick links)
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Catwalks 2 Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
Download latest file:
This mod is made by thecodewarrior1, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.