Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: January 11, 2017
- Newest File: Butterflymania v1.7.3
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.8.9,1.8,1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
The Butterfly Mania Mod adds over 150 different butterflies to all biomes in the game. They are all gloriously animated and make the outdoors look much more real and fun.
- Over 150 unique Butterflies with very diverse spawning grounds and behaviors
- Collect and Decorate your Home: Build youself a butterfly house or hang your catches on the wall as trophies
- Make a butterfly house o/: Once caught, butterflies do not naturally despawn anymore
- Semi-Intelligent Behaviors: Butterflies wander around, feed, rest, glide, sleep, flee from players, chase eachother, hide from rain and some butterflies even dance around glowstone in the night
- Catalog your Catches: Collect data on the Butterflies you caught with the Butterfly Encyclopedia and share it with your friends in Multiplayer
- Research spawning grounds: Examine dead butterflies with a magnifying glass to reveal some information of where still undiscovered butterflies might spawn
- Read & Learn: The Encyclopedia also contains a lot of real life information on each butterfly, just click ‘Details’
- Trade with Entomologist Villagers: Diamonds for Rare butterflies o/
You can catch and study the butterflies fairly easily. All you need is an empty jar(s) and a net. Jars can be made with Iron, Gold, Lapis/iron, Emerald/iron, or Diamond. And they range from easiest to break to longest lasting in that order.
The butterflies won’t despawn so you can keep them alive without worrying if they’ll disappear when you leave the game and come back. Once you’ve created a habitat, you simply need to right-click your full jar on the ground to release the butterfly.
Alternatively you can pin dead ones up in frames to hang them on your wall.
This mod also comes with a craftable encyclopedia that contains important information on the butterflies you catch. The information is based off of actual butterfly entomology so you can really learn a lot from this mod too! Rare butterflies can even be traded with Villagers for diamonds.
Overall this mod is very detailed and informative. If you have any interest in Entomology or if you just like butterflies, you’ll have a lot of fun with this mod.
Catch butterflies with a Net:
Caught dead Butterflies can be turned into paintings (frame types: Wooden, Lapis, Iron):
Keep a Jar in your inventory to catch butterflies alive. Gold and Iron Jars break the fastest, Diamond Jars last the longest.
The butterflies required for crafting the encyclopedia are (shapeless recipe):
– Northern Brown Argus (Extreme Hills)
– Jutta Arctic (Taigas)
– Pearl charaxes (Deserts, Savannas)
– Comma (Forests & Plains)
– Purplish Copper (Plains, River, Swampland)
– Common Brimstone (Forests & Plains)
When you right click the Encyclopedia it opens up an Index of all the butterflies you’ve caught so far. Click on a Butterfly for details. Please note that butterflies get only added to the encyclopedia you own (- check the tooltip it has to write your name there!) and only by naturally spawned butterflies (not from the Jar)
Hint: You can the right mouse button to go back to the overview. And you can also use the left+right arrow button on your keyboard to browser the encyclopedia like a book.
For the researching you need first of all a magnifying glass
Then you are ready to do some serious studies and bring it on paper! (Use any butterfly)
Now right click on your findings paper and you might get something like this.
Butterfly research will give you 1, 2 or 3 Fragments of Butterfly spawning data, but only from not yet discovered butterflies of the same family and same or one higher rarity of the butterfly you have studied on your crafting bench (in the upper screenshot, a yellow pansy was studied)
Hint: You can also make a present to your friends and give them high quality findings papers that you find. Getting 3 Fragments at once is quite rare.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Butterfly Mania Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This Mod is made by TyronX , all credit to modder. Visit the original Mod thread here for all info.