Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: December 7, 2016
- Newest File: [MC 1.10.X] BetterCombatMod 1.3.5
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2, 1.9.4, 1.9
- License: All Rights Reserved
Better Combat Mod will tweak the combat system as well as make you be able to dual wield weapons for the best combat experience!
- You now only lose energy when you successfully damage an enemy, instead of every time you swing your arm
dev notes : This change make combat so much less frustrating. This is I believe one of the main reasons that some players don’t like the new combat system, having your energy completly depleted because you miss your attack by 10 pixels or because you struck tall grass instead of the enemy is more annoying than fun gameplay. This change will make only successful attacks deplete your energy.
- Melee attacks have +1 block range and hit targets in a wider area.
dev notes : This change makes hitting a monster much easier. Players often takes unnecessary damage due to the fact that the melee range was a little bit too small especially for players that are lagging. The wider area change make the gameplay feels smoother and will especially be good against things like baby zombies.
- Swipe particles are spawning more often
dev notes : I really liked the swipe particles when swinging a sword so let’s have more of this
You have access to two options in the “mod options -> config” menu in minecraft.
- You can only attack an enemy if your energy is full
dev notes : The idea is to simplify the gameplay, your character will only swing his arm if your energy is full so you will always have full damage attacks. This option is disabled by default
- Sprint is no longer interrupted when striking a target
dev notes : Keep the pace ! This option is enabled by default
Dual Wielding Combat
- You can now right click with an offhand weapon to strike, weapons include Swords, Axes, Pickaxes, Shovels, and Hoes.
additional information : Note that the “damage immunity” that target recieve when you strike them is not shared. This means that you can hit with both weapons at the same time and the target will recieve both of the damage.
Note that the mod is not server compatible yet
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Better Combat Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by Ironfistss, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.