Minecraft an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
Mods are add-ons allow changes Minecraft's game content from what it originally was. With Mods you can make your own world within Minecraft by programming a whole new set of rules and situations!
- Updated on: March 12, 2017
- Newest File: Animania-1.10.2-1.0.2
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
What is Animania?
Animania is an immersive mod that replaces and improves the passive animals in Minecraft, adding multiple breeds, proper genders, new behaviors, and several new species.
- Better models, textures, and animations
- Proper feed and care of animals
- Improved breeding and more realistic child growth
- More accurate behaviors and actions
- New and better resources and products
- For animals to be happy, they must have access to a consistent supply of food and water, and in some cases (like Pigs) need a place to have fun (like a mud pit)
- If attacked, some animals will run in fear for an extended period of time and may act more unpredictably near you. Others may attack back (like the Bull).
- If animals do not eat or drink, they become unhappy. They will move slower, make less noise, and will emit particles
- Animals will only breed or drop their top resources when they are happy, so you are encouraged to take good care of your animals and their environment
- Animals can be fed by hand (their favorite foods) and watered by hand (with a water bucket)
- The new animals are found all over the overworld, located in different biomes and biome types more accurate to their species and breeds (Animania is compatible with Biome Dictionary).
- To make friends with the animals, simply give them their favorite food. See animal types below to learn more.
- There are achievements for each breed. Collect them all and win big prizes. Note: Prizes equal the amount of sheer satisfaction you get from accomplishing things in video games.
- New species and breeds will constantly be added to the game
- All animals can use a lead (you will need it). A simpler recipe for Lead has been included in the mod.
Animal Types and Breeds:
There are five breeds of cows in Animania. Each has slightly different drops, resources, and attributes. For instance, a Holstein is known for the quality of its Milk, while an Angus is more of a Meat cow.
- Angus (meat cow), found in ???
- Hereford (meat cow), found in ???
- Texas Longhorn (meat cow), found in Savannas
- Holstein (milk), found in Forests
- Friesian (milk) replaces default vanilla cow, found in Plains
- Eat grass, flowers, and some vegetables (protect your farms!)
- Eat Wheat from troughs
- Drink water from fresh lakes, rivers, man-made ponds, water troughs, or water buckets
- Bulls may attack if provoked
- Cows only breed when they are happy
- Favorite food: Wheat, Yellow and Red Flowers
There are six breeds of Pigs in Animania. Each has slightly different drops, resources, and attributes. All pigs drop meats, some are better with Bacon, some with Roasts.
- Duroc, found in Jungle
- Hampshire, found in ???
- Large Black, found in ???
- Large White, found in Hills
- Old Spot, found in ???
- Yorkshire, replaces vanilla, found in Plains
- They love to roll in the mud and swim! Be sure to make them a mud pit and a little pond to dive into!
- Take your pigs to a Forest and they can help you find truffles. Be patient as this may take some time. Truffles can be used to make very good foods.
- Favorite food: Slop, Carrots, …?
There are 5 Chicken Breeds in Animania. Each has slightly different drops and resources. For instance, the Orpington drops the best meat, while the Wyandotte lays brown eggs.
- Leghorn, replaces vanilla, found in Plains
- Orpington, found in ???
- Plymouth Rock, found in ???
- Rhode Island Red, found in Forest
- Wyandotte, found in Jungle
- Chickens love to peck the ground, looking for extra food
- Roosters crow in the early morning
- Chickens can drink water from troughs, freshwater lakes and rivers, or from water buckets. Unlike pigs and cows, they do not consume a full water block or bucket.
- Chickens eat seed. This can either be hand fed to them, or scattered on the ground
- Chickens lay eggs in nests. You can either gather these eggs or leave them for the Rooster to help turn into baby chicks.
- Favorite Food: Seeds
There are currently 2 ferret colors. Ferrets currently have no special abilities.
Favorite Foods: Eggs or Most Raw Meats
Found in: ???
More special behaviors to Ferrets are coming
(note: breeding is not implemented for Ferrets)
Hamsters come in many different colors. They love storing the food you give them in their little cheeks and following you around if you have food in your hand!
Favorite Food: Hamster Food
Found in: Deserts
More special behaviors to Hamsters are coming
(note: breeding is not implemented for Hamsters)
There are currently 2 peacock variations. Peacocks currently have no special abilities.
Found in: ???
Favorite Food: Seeds
More special behaviors to Peacocks are coming
(note: breeding is not implemented for Peacocks)
Breeding is only enabled for 3 animal types at the moment: Chickens, Cows, and Pigs.
To breed cows, simply put an eligible Cow near an eligible Bull of any breed type. If neither of the Cows are in a committed relationship, they will fall in love and make children. Any two breeds of the same species can mate. By default it takes around 1 Minecraft day for a child to be born. The resulting breed is based on chance. Make sure you keep the Mother happy during this time. The Father must stay within a 20 block radius of the mother during gestation and birth.
Similar to cows, simply put an eligible Sow near an eligible Hog of any breed type. If neither of the Pigs are in a committed relationship, they will fall in love and make children. Any two breeds of the same species can mate. By default it takes around 1 Minecraft day for a child to be born. The resulting breed is based on chance. Make sure you keep the Mother happy during this time. The Father must stay within a 20 block radius of the mother during gestation and birth.
To make baby Chicks, simply place a nest for your Hen (recipe below). If the Hen is fed and watered, and enough time has gone by, they will lay eggs in your nest (up to 3). If there is a Rooster nearby, they will hatch into baby chicks. Otherwise, you can gather them from the nest.
As long as you keep your animal kids fed and watered they will grow. By default, it takes around 1 Minecraft day to become an adult (this value can be adjusted in the config).
Resources, Items, and Drops
- Pigs, Cows, and Chickens all drop special meats, some with very beneficial effects
- Each drops their best only when they are happy (fed and watered)
- There are four omelette types, each with different abilities
- Some breed types have special Meat drops
- Beef can be cooked whole, or carved up into Steaks
- Pork can be cooked whole, or carved up into Bacon
- Chicken can be cooked
- Eggs can be cooked into omelettes
- Cheeses can be made from some Cow Milk
- Chocolate Truffles and Truffle Soup can be made with Truffles
- Carving Knife: Used for cutting cheese and meats
- Cheese Mold: Used to create cheese
We recommend JEI (mod) for recipes
Habitats and Miscellany
- Troughs can hold Water, Slop, or Wheat
- You can either hand place these items in or throw them at the Trough
- All animals can drink from troughs
- Pigs and Cows can eat from Troughs
- Troughs are compatible with Droppers and Redstone Comparators, for automation purposes
- Trough recipe is as follows:
- Planks, Empty, Planks
- Planks, Iron Ingot, Planks
- Stick, Empty, Stick
- Nests, recipe
- Nests are for Chickens to lay eggs, and can be made with 1 Wool, 1 Stick, and some Leaves (yes, you will need Shears)
- Throwing seeds
- You can throw seeds on the ground for Chickens and Peacocks to eat
- Mud Pits
- Mud can be made with 1 Dirt and a Water Bucket
- Recommend at least 2 x 3 size mud pits for proper enjoyment
- Pig Slop
- Pig slop can be made with a milk bucket and any 2 of the following bread, potato, carrots, and beetroots
- Hamster Food
- Hamster food (made by combining Pumpkin, Melon, and Wheat Seeds)
- Leather, Leather, Blank
- String, String, Blank
- Empty, Empty, Empty
- All animals in Animania can use Leads
- When you can’t build a fence, it might be easier to tie your animal to a post temporarily
- Animania has added a simpler lead recipe, which is as follows:
- Toggle whether or not to replace vanilla animals (Default = replace)
- Toggle whether or not certain drops or resources give magic effects (Default = give effects)
- Set the timer for feeding, drinking, playing, laying eggs, gestation period, and child growth
- Modify frequency of occurrence and spawn group size of each animal type
- All entity IDs can be modified in case of conflicts
- Draft horses
- Other Birds
- Working dogs
- Improved breeding (simple genetics)
- Salt licks
- Original idea by RazzleberryFox, with inspiration from Purplicious_Cow and cy4n
- Models and entity textures by RazzleberryFox
- Item textures and Blender renders by cy4n
- Development, AI, and animation by Purplicious_Cow
Many thanks to all who contributed so that people all over the world can play! You rock!
- Bulgarian @JohnArmyTweetin
- Danish Ruukas
- German @derfl007 & ACGaming
- Spanish @4karion
- Finnish @ItsTehi
- Hewbrew @ren_doge_ + @ido102003ItsMe
- Italian @SgtDarkHawk
- Japanese SaziumR
- Norwegian @The_Larsinator
- Portuguese (BR) @AlgumSavage
- Portuguese @AlgumSavage
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Animania Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by Purplicious_Cow, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.