- Updated on: August 21, 2017
- Newest File: [1.11.2] Vulcanite 1.0.2
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.11.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
The objective of this mod was primarily to learn modding.
And other than that, I’ve wanted to make a vanilla feeling ore for my modpack that could protect the player from hot sources.
And the Vulcanite came out!
This mod adds a new ore found in the depths of the nether, right below the lava lakes level.
The ore can be mined only with a Diamond Pickaxe (or any other tool that has the Diamond Pickaxe mining level)
The properties of the Tools and Armor are like Iron, but a little bit better, with some special properties. Crafting recipes are always the same.
- Every Armor Piece reduces the damage from hot sources (Lava, Fire, Magma Block)
More armor points you get from the armor piece, more protection you’ll get against hot sources
A full set reduces by 90% the damage from hot sources
- The armor points given by a full set of Vulcanite Armor is 7 ()
Tools and Weapons Info:
- Every Tool and Weapon set mobs attacked on fire for 3 second and deal 0.5 more damage than Iron
- Every Tool has about 3.5x the durability of an Iron Axe (859)
- The Axe has the same Attack Speed of an Iron Axe (0.9) but with 1 less Damage (8)
- Pickaxe, Shovel and Axe are 50% faster than an Iron Tool
- The Pickaxe is like a Diamond one so can mine Obsidian
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Vulcanite Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by Insane96, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.