- Updated on: February 8, 2017
- Newest File: TTFR-1.11.2-1.7.2.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.8.9, 1.9.4, 1.10.2, 1.11.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
The TrueType Font Replacement Mod adds OpenType font support for Minecraft. This mod will use the fonts installed on your system for drawing text instead of the builtin bitmap fonts that come with Minecraft. Languages such as Arabic and Hindi look much better with this mod since both require complex layout that the bitmap fonts simply can’t provide. All in-game text will change to use the new fonts including GUIs, the F3 debug screen, chat, and even signs. This mod should have little or no impact on performance.
The mod is originally from thvortex, I just updated it to 1.8.9.
How to install TrueType Font Replacement Mod:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the TrueType Font Replacement Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by CubeX2, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.