- Updated on: November 18, 2016
- Newest File: Totemic-1.8.9-0.7.6.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.8.9,1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
Totemic Mod 1.10.2,1.8.9, 1.7.10 is based around the creation of Totems, and all other natural, and wooden things.
The main feature of Totemic, is Totem poles, these are carved out of Red Cedar wood. To create the red cedar wood, just create the Cedar Metamorphesiser (temp name, and a temp way to create the cedar) and then just right click on a sapling, and it will create a Red Cedar Sapling.
Go to (Quick links)
You then can craft a Totem Whittling Knife. The whittling knife is what you use to carve out of wood, to change the mode on it, shift and right click on cedar log to carve out a block. To see what mode it is currently in, just hover over the item in your inventory. There are 7 Totems, all based off of animals.
Totem poles are built in the following way:
They have the base, the Totem Base, this is carved using the whittling knife, and is the block which does all of the effects. You can then have 5 Totems above it, and they are also created using the whittling knife on Red Cedar.
Your totem poles should look something like the following:
These totem poles are powered by the life of nearby plants, meaning that it will drain the growth stages of them. This gives the Totem Poles plant essence, which it can use to do the effects of the Totems.
These are the following Totems and Totem Effects:
- Horse: This gives nearby players speed.
- Bat: A new effect that takes away fall damage, and gives you the power of gliding by shifting while falling.
- Blaze: It gives you fire resistance.
- Ocelot: Nearby creepers will not explode.
- Squid: Nearby players get water breathing.
- Spider: Nearby players can climb walls.
- Cow: Nearby players get resistance, and slowness.
Working with your Red Cedar:
Red cedar wood is very versatile, and has many uses. First off, you can carve the bark off of it. To do that, craft a Bark Stripper, and just right click on the log. After a few seconds, it should turn into a Stripped Red Cedar log, and drop some Red Cedar Bark. The bark is a crafting component, and the stripped log can be turned into planks more efficiently than just using the logs, and also made into charcoal.
The Blow Gun:
The Blow Gun is a ranged weapon akin to the bow, but it shoots out blow darts, these blowdarts can be coated with items to give them special effects, like poison, or a antidote effect. Warning, the rendering on the entity a little bit derpy, so it may look out of place in the world.
This is a tool to get information from certain blocks, right clicking on your Totem Base will get you how much Plant Essence it currently has, and clicking on the Poles will tell you the Totem currently in it.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Totemic Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by ljfa, Pokefenn, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.