- Updated on: September 24, 2016
- Newest File: SpiceOfLife-mc1.9.4-1.3.6.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.10,1.9.4,1.8.9, 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4
- License: All Rights Reserved
The Spice of Life Mod 1.10.2,1.10,1.9.4,1.8.9, 1.7.10, 1.7.2 aims to get you to eat different foods in Minecraft. It works using diminishing returns, which means that the more you eat of a certain food, the less nutritional value it will have for you over time. In order to maintain a healthy diet, you’ll need to vary your food intake.
You’ll see what will happen when you hover over any food in your inventory. It will give you the amount of times you need to eat it before diminishing returns will have an effect. Most foods will need to be eaten 4 times in a row to start losing value.
Once you’ve eaten 4 of the same food, you’ll see a nutritional value percentage. This will go down until the food is essentially of no use to you. But if you add variety to your diet, the foods should maintain a healthy status.
The mod does add a neat feature to the hunger bar. It will have a gold ring around each piece of hunger indicating at what point you’ll start losing hunger. And behind the bar is gray cross-hatching that goes up when you do any activity from walking to running to mining. As that bar increases, the gold ring decreases. And once the gold decreases, you’ll start to lose hunger. It’s just a helpful way to keep track of your hunger levels.
And lastly if you shift + hover a food item, it will tell you how many bars of hunger it will replace. Over the course of eating the same foods that amount will obviously go down.
This mod works especially well and is recommended for use with other food related mods, such as the recently reviewed MoarFoods mod found here. It’s compatible with many other food related mods available so there shouldn’t be any conflicts and it will still give detailed information on the food.
Note: You’ll need an Apple Core API for this mod found here.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the The Spice of Life Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by squeek502 , all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.