- Updated on: April 28, 2017
- Newest File: tartaros-0.2.2.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.11.2,1.10.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
Tartaros is a mod aiming at improving Minecraft’s death system, along with completing the Nether world and adding new game mechanics based on souls.
When you die, you become incorporeal. This state allows you to fly, disable all damage and makes you invisible to the mobs. However, you can not interact with anything, and you lose your knowledge of your previous life over time (your xp, that is now transferred upon death). If you forget everything (no xp left), you will loose some of your perks (will be configurable in a future version). To become tangible once again, you will have to use one of the following options :
– A Mercurius’ Waystone
If you have one in your inventory, it will be placed upon death so you can get back to your items easily. It is one-use only.
– A sepulture
This is a permanent respawn location. In the future, it may allow you to directly retrieve your items without going back to your corpse.
If you haven’t crafted either of those, fear not ! You can begin a pilgrimage to the center of your world, the famed [0,0], and stand there a few seconds to get a new body.
This is a very early version, so expect more ways to respawn coming soon, along with a config to toggle them as you wish.
This mod adds two machines, the crystallizer and the soul extractor.
The crystallizer takes blaze powder as a fuel, and crystallizes various things, most notably ectoplasm into ectoplasma.
The soul extractor will sometimes extract a soul from soul sand previously loaded via right-clicking.
You can get the souls by using an empty bottle on the extractor.
To see all the other crafts, I suggest using Just Enough Items or an equivalent. Future versions will have JEI compatibility for the machines.
I told you about ectoplasm, but you don’t know what it is right ?
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Tartaros Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by Terraflame, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.