- Updated November 28, 2016
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.9.4, 1.9, 1.8.9, 1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
Streams Mod introduces real flowing rivers, with a true current, to Minecraft. These rivers are generated in the world using custom non-decaying flowing blocks and are much larger than anything the player could create using buckets. They originate in multiple sources and flow down the terrain through slopes and waterfalls, joining together into wider rivers until they reach the sea (or the old-style sea-level static rivers, if those exist in your world).
- The vanilla Minecraft terrain generator has low average altitudes, which makes for rather flat rivers. For best results, consider using a custom terrain generator capable of higher average elevations, such as ATG or RWG
- How do I find a river? For a quick demo you can try the seed and coordinates from the sample picture. Otherwise besides walking along coastlines, you can use the game log as a shortcut to find rivers. To do this, go to the launcher, select up your Forge profile in the lower left and click “Edit Profile”. In the dialog box at “Launcher visibility”, select “Keep the launcher open” and then save the profile. Then when you generate a world, look for an entry like “[06:07:42] [Server thread/INFO] [streams.world]: River at tp -24 67 -161”. This gives you the coordinates of a river, and you can copypaste it as a “p” teleport command if you’re in Creative mode. I find that I get a river on initial world load about 25-50% of the time depending on the generator, so if you don’t get one just keep trying.
- Does this mod replace the existing static rivers? No, the old-style sea-level no-current rivers are still around. In fact you will often see flowing rivers terminating in those.
- Can I get rivers in my existing world? No, you need to generate a new world. An existing world would probably end up with disconnected river pieces that make no sense. Also I want to avoid a scenario where an existing world is loaded by mistake, and then cannot be loaded back without the mod because it now has custom river blocks in it.
- Can I create my own rivers? Not at the moment, as the custom flowing blocks are not available to the player. You can alter the existing ones somewhat by digging the shorelines, the rule being that two river neighbors will combine into a new river block by averaging their currents. However a channel dug away from a river behaves as normal decaying water. Later I might add a special bucket that creates custom flows.
- Can I boat on the rivers? Sure! Give it a try. If you just drift along you shouldn’t reach boat-breaking speed. Note that boats have always been rather buggy and more so with river flows. You may experience some desynchronization.
- Why are my rivers so flat? Because the terrain itself is generally flat. You’ll find the best rivers in plateau-like biomes. Try a custom terrain generator like ATG or RWG to get more of those.
Streams should be compatible out-of-the-box with most custom terrain generators. It was confirmed to work with these mods:
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Streams Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by delvr, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.
Have you a channel youtube about minecraft?
Do you want to bring your Video to quality visitors?
Do you want your video to appear on our website?
Do you want to become partner with us?
Just 3 steps to become our partner:
Step 1: Make video review for mod, which you like
Step 2: Upload this video to youtube and our link to your video description
Step 3: Send the youtube video link to email [email protected] or give a comment in the post. We will add your video in the our post, it will help you have more view.
JOIN to get more youtube view with us!!!!