Strata mod adds 2 layers of stone, called strata, into the world. This mod added support for Underground Biomes Construct mod. Each strata is harder than the last, needing a higher tier pickaxe to mine.
Strata mod supports retro-gen, so you do not need to create a new world to use this mod. This mod compatible with all minecaft version such as 1.8, 1.7, 1.6…
- Each layer is 23 blocks deep, with the bottom layer starting from bedrock.
- Stone in the second strata requires at least an Iron Pickaxe to mine.
- Stone in the first strata is vanilla Minecraft stone, and can be mined as usual.
- Dirt and gravel are also affected by Strata, and require a shovel of the relevant tier to mine.
- Stone in the third strata requires at least a Diamond Pickaxe to mine.
- Ore is only affected visually, and can be mined with the same pickaxe as the ore it is based off of.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Strata Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!