Soul Shards: The Old Ways Mod 1.10.2,1.9.4,1.9, 1.8.9, 1.7.10 is a simple mod that allows you to store the souls of creatures inside gems for use in a Soul Cage to summon more of them later.
In the current releases, you obtain a shard by building a small structure and right clicking the center with a diamond, like so:
The first kill you get with a Shard in your inventory binds that shard to the killed entity. It will only receive souls from that entity from then on. To speed up the process, you can right click a Mob Spawner that contains the bound entity to increase it’s stored amount by 200 (configurable).
Mod Pack Policy: You are allowed to use Soul Shards: The Old Ways in your mod pack as long as no part (item, file or mod pack) is placed behind either pay walls or advertising links, and you do not re-distribute the mod by itself.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Soul Shards: The Old Ways Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by SgtPunishment, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.