- Updated on: November 28, 2016
- Newest File: SilentsGems-1.10.2-2.1.6-86.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1,10.2,1.10,1.9.4, 1.9, 1.8.9, 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4
- License: All Rights Reserved
Silent’s Gems Mod adds 32 new gemstones (12 in earlier versions) to the game! These can be used to craft a variety of building blocks and, more importantly, tools.
The tools are highly modular: you can build a single tool out of multiple types of gems (and other things). The stats of such a tool will depend on the parts used. After building a tool, it’s appearance can be changed without changing the stats. Many higher tier tools also have special abilities that run on a type of energy called ‘Chaos’.
Other blocks and items of note include modular armor, lamps, teleporters (powered by Chaos), enchantment tokens (which allow enchanting without randomness, but costing valuable materials), the torch bandolier (stores 1024 torches in a single slot), and more!
You can extend the mod even further with these add-ons! You don’t NEED them, but they are nice to have.
- Gemulation by M4thG33k (1.10.x, 1.9.x, 1.8.9) – Not enough gem stuff in your world? How about gem chests, furnaces, and crafting tables? There’s also a block that randomly converts gems into other gems.
- Silent’s Gems: Extra Parts by SilentChaos512 (1.10.x, 1.9.x) – Make tools out of metals and more. Just in case 32 gemstones aren’t enough.
- Guide-API (1.10.x, 1.9.x) – Not an extension for Silent’s Gems, but you’ll be given a handy guide book if you install it! Highly recommended.
Go to (Quick links)
Gems and Tools:
This mod adds twelve gems and one other ore, called Chaos Ore that will spawn in the world.
The gems can be used to craft tools, or upgraded into supercharged gems to make even better tools. The durability, mining speed, and attack damage of tools will depend on the gem used to craft it.
Tools can then be crafted with additional gems to change their appearance and repair them.See the tool making guide below!
Guide to Tool Making:
First select a gem based on the tool stats you want.
Regular tools are made like you would expect.
Supercharged tools require supercharged gems and a fancier rod.
Now you can customize the look by placing gems adjacent to the tool in the crafting grid and a block of wool in any slot (if you want to).
If you want to name your creation on an anvil, now might be a good time.
Finally, you can enchant your tools using Enchantment Tokens. Simply craft a tool with one Enchantment Token. Repeat as necessary to add more enchantments or higher levels. You cannot add conflicting enchantments to the same tool (no Fortune Silk Touch).
This mod also adds an enchantment called Mending, which will slowly repair damaged tools in your hotbar, but conflicts with Unbreaking.
Thinks of Chaos Gems as potions that you can activate or deactivate at will. You can apply effects to them using Chaos Runes, similar to how Enchantment Tokens work.
By default you can have a maximum of three effects per gem. Each effect contributes a certain of “charge drain” when the gem is activated. Effects also have a maximum level, similar to enchantments. The level of an effect has no impact on the charge drain (eg Regeneration I and II have the same cost).
Right-click to activate/deactivate Chaos Gems. Their effects will be immediately applied or removed. The gem’s “charge level” will decrease while active, and increase (or recharge) while deactivated. Chaos Gems will never break, even if they are completely drained.
There are two additional effects. Boost will increase a Chaos Gem’s recharge rate. Capacity will increase its maximum charge.
Teleporters are capable of moving players long distances, even across dimension. Use a Teleporter Linker to set the destination of one Teleporter to another. Then right-click one block to teleport to the other.
An interesting quirk of these Teleporters is that they do not care if there is a Teleporter at the destination after the destination has been set. This means you could have one way teleports, or a chain of Teleporters. You could also make an elevator, where Teleporters are embedded in the wall to act as buttons, taking you up or down a floor.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Silent’s Gems Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by SilentChaos512, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.