- Updated on: August 6, 2016
- Newest File: SacrificeToHephaestus-1.7.10-10
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
Sacrifice to Hephaestus Mod adds a single block, the “Sacrifice to Hephaestus”. Currently this mod support minecraft 1.7.10 version only.
Hephaestus was the Greek god of blacksmiths. With this mod, you can burn an offering of bones, rotten flesh, coal, and an iron ingot in the hopes that Hephaestus will gift you a piece of armor. This is great for thematic mod-packs, map-makers, or anyone who just likes a little bit of chance in their crafting.
How this works is simple: Players can craft a block, that when right-clicked with a flint-and-steel, will combust in a cloud of particles, and will spawn one of the four pieces of Vanilla Chain Armor into the world. The player is guaranteed to receive one piece of armor, and the random-number generator has been tested to ensure there is an equal chance of each piece dropping, so that the player isn’t stuck with a dozen helms, 20 chestplates, 40 leggings and no boots.
To-Do: These are things I wish to complete over the course of the lifetime of this mod. While the mod is functionally complete, these are several things I’d like to add in order to increase the desirability of this mod.
1. Make textures less hideous.
2. Add configs for requiring an “altar” multi-block structure for the sacrifice to work.
I will port to 1.8.9, 1.9.4, and 1.10.2 as soon as possible.
How to install Sacrifice to Hephaestus Mod:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Sacrifice to Hephaestus Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by Exo594, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.