- Updated on: September 22, 2017
- Newest File: Reforged 0.7.5-1.12+
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.12.2, 1.11.2, 1.10.2, 1.9.4, 1.8.9
- License: All Rights Reserved
Reforged Mod 1.8.9, 1.8 brings weapons from Balkon’s Weapon Mod to Minecraft 1.8 or later. We will also add some new weapons, which we like to add. Most of our weapons have special features, like more damage when sneaking or similar.
There are 3 main ages of weapons to differentiate:
- Primitive weapons are alternatives for the early game and especially helpful for hunting animals and defending yourself without getting too much damage. Most of these come only in one version and require very simple materials.
- Medieval weapons play in the same league as swords and bows. They include brutal close combat weapons and ranged weapons with far longer range than their primitive counterparts. Most of the close combat weapons can be crafted from different materials and are capable of hacking through larger groups of enemies, while the ranged weapons do a good job of eliminating enemies before they even reach you.
- Gunpowder weapons show their full potential in late game, when resources are plenty and especially against other players. They are capable of wreaking havoc, breaking through armour and even walls. They can be used to decimate large groups of enemies with ease and lay siege to fortresses and cities. Some of these require multiple crafting recipes and not all gunpowder weapons are easy to use.
For extra fun, have a look at Reforged Integration, which adds materials for other mods like Thaumcraft and ProjectE, and Reforged – Cross & Grave, which adds two awesome magical items which are currently developed separately.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Reforged Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by Silvercatcher, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.