- Updated on: November 28, 2016
- Newest File: 1.7.10-ReasonableRealism-15.26.1ababa.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
Reasonable Realism Mod is a set of small mods that make small changes to Minecraft that makes the world more interesting, more dangerous, and a little bit harder by making things just a little bit more real. This realism is kept in check by being reasonable for gameplay as well as ease of coding, so nothing is realistic for the sake of being realistic: you still craft without tools, you still smelt iron in the same furnace you cook food in and punching trees still gives you wood. Instead other hazards are added, features included to round out the world at large, or tweaked so that the increased realism makes for fun and challenging gameplay. For the most part the progression is straight forward and understandable without the need for a wiki, as the in-game achievements will offer plenty of tips, but the mods’ features are explained in greater detail here for reference, including crafting recipes for every block and item, for those that don’t play with NEI or TMI.
There’s actually four sub-mods (not including the library parent mod three of them depend on). Each mod works just fine on its own, of course, but together they’re even better, as each sub-mod addresses alterations to a single aspect of Minecraft:
- Mining and Resources (Harder Ores*)
- The Underground (Harder Underground*)
- Wildlife, Animals, and Farming (Harder Wildlife*)
- Automation (Expanded Industry)
You will need Custom Ore Generation, at least v1.2.18 as well. COG is used by the submods for some world generation features.
This jar contains:
Cross section of a gold vein.
Gold mother load and some diamond veins.
Gas fire with smoke (top center)
This mod is extra extra small, it does 1 thing:
It grows unique flowers near concentrations of ores, both during worldgen and when using bonemeal. This feature was extracted from Hard Ores, allowing the mechanic to be used on its own.
The ores tracked are as follows:
List of flowers, and other information about them, available on the wiki.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Reasonable Realism Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by Draco18s, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.