Realistic Torches Mod
- Updated November 27, 2016
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.11,1.10.2,1.10,1.9.4,1.9,1.8.9,1.8,1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
Realistic Torches Mod is a lightweight mod designed for modpack makers looking to add difficulty to the early game. The primary feature of this mod causes torches to burn out after a configurable amount of time, encouraging players to move toward more permanent light sources early on.
- Torches are now unlit when crafting, and must be lit using a matchbox in a crafting grid or flint and steel (not in the rain, though!) after being placed. As a result, the matchbox must be acquired before players can explore caves safely, prevent hostiles from spawning, etc.
- Torches will burn out after a specified amount of time (60 minutes real time by default, can be changed in the config) and become unlit. This encourages players to seek more permanent light sources early on, such as lava or glowstone.
- Permanently lit (vanilla) torches can be crafted using a glowstone crystal instead of coal.
- Certain items and blocks (torches, glowstone dust and blocks, lava buckets, etc.) will emit light when held. This feature is disabled by default due to possible performance issues but can be enabled in the config.
- Torch recipes added by other mods will be removed to ensure that the matchbox or flint and steel must be acquired to craft lit torches (can be disabled in the config).
Go to sections(Quick links)
Unlit Torch (Coal)
Unlit Torch (Charcoal)
Lit Torch (Shapeless, matchbox takes 1 damage per craft)
Glowstone Crystal (Coal)
Glowstone Crystal (Charcoal)
Torch (Vanilla, permanently lit)
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Realistic Torches Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by ChaosTheDude, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.
Have you a channel youtube about minecraft?
Do you want to bring your Video to quality visitors?
Do you want your video to appear on our website?
Do you want to become partner with us?
Just 3 steps to become our partner:
Step 1: Make video review for mod, which you like
Step 2: Upload this video to youtube and our link to your video description
Step 3: Send the youtube video link to email [email protected] or give a comment in the post. We will add your video in the our post, it will help you have more view.
JOIN to get more youtube view with us!!!!