- Updated on: September 21, 2015
- Newest File:
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10, 1.6.4
- License: All Rights Reserved
The quicksand mod adds 25 different types of quicksand to the game. This makes your travels that much more challenging out in the world and really amps up a survival game.
Each biome has its own quicksand and each will have varying degrees of difficulty. Some are quick to suck you in and some are incredibly slow. There’s even a type in the jungle called Mucus Blossom. It may as well be a new mob in the game because it pulls you in and practically eats you down into its quicksand belly.
You may be able to jump out real quick right as you fall in but if you get stuck in a certain type you’ll need some supplies and skill to get out. You can try and prevent sinking with wading boots or a life jacket but if you really get stuck you’ll need the grappling hook and rope. And you can either carry this yourself or if you have a friend with you, they can also pull you out with the hook and rope if digging doesn’t suffice.
Be careful trudging through the world now. Some quicksands are easy to spot and others are very well hidden. You can also carry a walking stick to test the ground ahead of time or use it as another way to struggle out of the sand.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge