- Updated on: July 14, 2017
- Newest File: Quick Hotbar 1.05 for 1.12
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10, 1.11.2, 1.10.2, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.7.2, 1.6.4, 1.12
- License: All Rights Reserved
Have you ever been building that epic structure or map and you find yourself spending so much time swapping out blocks into the 9 slots you have been given? Me too! So with Quick Hotbar Mod, while holding down left CTRL you will see a preview of all 27 inventory slots. Use your mouse wheel to toggle inventory rows up or down. As you are doing this, you will get a preview of your inventory slots in game. And with the latest version you can also hold down number and switch items in just one column. Cool, huh?
This mod works in both singleplayer and multiplayer. As of version 1.02, you only need to install this mod into your client (Special mention and thanks to Kobata for helping out with this.). It is also possible to install this mod into your server, and if you do so server will assist in item switching to bypass desyncing issues and also if you install the mod into your server, clients are not required to have the mod installed.
In Minecraft 1.7 left ctrl is the default sprint key. This mod does not register keybindings into Minecraft registry but I check for keypresses manually, which means that you can still use your sprint key while using this mod
So, how it all got started anyway?
As I have been developing MinecraftEdu, my friend who also is one of MinecraftEdu’s educational advisors started asking me for a mod that allows you to very easily switch your inventory row while you are playing. As this was something I also though of being useful, I got excited about making a Forge mod about it and here we are now.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Quick Hotbar Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by Kulttuuri, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.