- Updated on: January 10, 2017
- Newest File: PrimalCore-0.2.11.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
PrimalCore is both a content mod and a core dependency/API used by our related projects, MagnumOpus and Kitsu’s ForgeCraft. Both of these mods are currently still released only for 1.7.10, they will begin to update once Primal has reached an appropriate level of development.
PrimalCore aims to bring the early game of minecraft forward into a longer more in-depth process than currently offered by vanilla, starting from scratch can become an act of survival based on environment and resources rather than just repeating a few basic steps. Our goal is to build a strong survival based framework that our following more advanced content mods can build on, while providing granular config options for players that might be looking for specific features but not the entire package.
A lot more content is currently planned and many basic features are still being ported from the 1.7.10 versions of both MagnumOpus and Kitsu’s ForgeCraft. We are very interested in hearing suggestions and feature requests.
Early Game Tools
By default primal disables vanilla wood and stone tools, replacing them with a set of flint tools and a slightly different process to get started. Wood logs must be harvested with an appropriate tool, random stick drops have been added when breaking leaf blocks and a few additional sources of flint have been added with a random chance of dropping.
Each tool requires knapped flint and a form of cordage, several cordage types are available. Knapped flint is produced by hitting flint against a stone block in-world, the knapped bits will fly off near the player.
Basic twine can be crafted by collecting plant fibers from tall grass or similar blocks, and sticks are collected from leaves.
Torches, Smoke and Ash
Primal replaces vanilla torches. The default settings will cause torches to eventually go out when exposed to inclement weather such as snow or rain. In addition torches need to be lit after crafting, this can be done various ways such as with flint and steel or the fire bow.
The Fire Bow provides early game access to fire, it consumes sticks from your inventory as it’s used and has a high chance of failure. You can also use it to relight torches.
Torches that are in danger of going out have a chance of producing smoke which will break down into layers of ash that pile in the world as a by product. Smoke can be produced through other means such as the fire bow.
Sharp Bone, Work Blades, and The Gallagher
Sharp bone serves as a primitive weapon for the early survivor.
The work blade and Gallagher double as weapons and crafting tool. A brief overview of recipes will be coming soon and are available in-game through the JEI mod.
– Add Corn on the Cob, Seeds, and Corn Bread. Corn seeds must be planted in slightly damp farmland
– Add wood-type worktables with inventory for the crafting grid
– Add custom levers with sneak-click pickup
– Ash layers can be placed in world
– Terracotta items and blocks (building material)
– Recipe changes for Sharp Bone and Flint WorkBlade
– .2 fixes corn worldgen which was missing in 0.1.1
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the PrimalCore Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by An_Sar, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.