- Updated on: September 11, 2017
- Newest File: Not Enough Items 1.12-184.108.40.206-universal
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.10,1.9.4,1.9,1.8.9,1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4, 1.6.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
Not Enough Items Mod (NEI) gives you the ability to easily check crafting recipes and to check what materials are used to make it. It comes with a helpful search function as well. You can change the time of day, the weather, and much more with the click of a button. There are 3 different modes available that you can use which include: Cheat Mode, Recipe Mod, and Utility Mode. Some other functions allow you to make custom potions and to put custom enchants on weapons, armor, and tools.
Not Enough Items is a successor to both Too Many Items and Recipe Book. It arose around the same time as Craft Guide when Alexandria and a few others on the IRC suggested that I merge both Too Many Items and Recipe Book to remove their greatest flaws, ironically too many items, or in the case of recipe book, too many recipies.
Too Many Items was great, but the one thing it lacked was an easy way to search and sort your items. When you had a mod like Red Power coming along with 10000 items both TMI and Recipe Book were racking up the pages. Even if you don’t want to use NEI for cheating in items, you will likely feel right at home with the Recipe component of the mod. IC2 mod is recommended to install together
Recipe Viewer, Inventory Manager, Item Spawner, Cheats and more.
Go to (Quick links)
Detailed Information Recipe View
Recipe view contains 2 functions, Recipes and Usage. Pressing the recipe key (default R) or usage key (default U) while hovering over any item will take you into this mode. Once in recipe view clicking will bring up recipes and right clicking will show usages. The back recipe key (default BACKSPACE) can be used to go back to the last recipe and the Esc or Inventory key is used to exit.
Recipe view shows you all the ways to craft that item, be it with a Crafting Bench, Furnace, Brewing Stand or another custom crafting inventory (Eg Alloy Furnace from RP2).
Unlike Craft Guide when a recipe can be made using multiple types of the same item (Eg the different colours of wool or the different types of wood), the ingredients will cycle through the available subtypes. So the wool will change colour.
Usage mode shows you all the recipes that contain that Item.
A good mod spotlight highlighting most features of the mod by Direwolf20.
A very well done spotlight by MinecraftScorpian. It’s the most up to date showcasing 1.4
A nice mod review by piedudeaus
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Not Enough Items (NEI) Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!