- Updated on: May 21, 2016
- Newest File: modulartools-1.9-1.0.1.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.9, 1.8.9
- License: All Rights Reserved
Modular Tools 1.9,1.8.9 introduces a self-balancing mechanic, allowing you to customize your tools using a compromise between upgrades and downgrades. Each upgrade and downgrade has a number of points associated with it, and you must “balance the equation” for the tool to work. Shift+Right-Click the tool to access the GUI. There is a number in the center of the GUI that will tell you if the points are too high or too low.
- Modular Pickaxe
- Modular Sword
- Modular Ring (movement capabilites)
Go to (Quick links)
- Speed: Increases mining speed in the pickaxe, and movement speed in the ring
- Size: Increases mining area in the pickaxe, and attack area in the sword. 3×3 or 5×5
- Harvest: Increases mining harvest level
- Light: If there are torches next to your pickaxe, it will place them on right-click. If not, it will place temporary lights that will disappear after about 10 seconds.
- Depth: Increases depth of mined blocks
- Trash: Will void any drops that appear in the “Trash Filters” slots
- Stone: When mining smooth stone, smooth stone will drop instead of cobblestone
- Vein: Will mine entire veins of ore. Only works on blocks with an unlocalized name starting with “ore”
- Drops: Increases drop rate from mining in the pickaxe, and from mobs in the sword (like Fortune/Looting)
- Attack: Increases the attack strength of the sword
- Behead: Increases the chance for Vanilla mobs to drop their heads by 20% each
- Flight: Adds time-limited flight and a cooldown. Timer resets every time you touch the ground
- Permanent Flight: Adds permanent flight without a timer/cooldown
- Step: Gives step-assist
- Hotbar: Allows the ring to work anywhere on your hotbar instead of in your hand
- Harvest: Reduces mining harvest level
- Speed: Reduces mining speed in the pickaxe, and movement speed with the ring
- Hunger: Makes mining, attacking with sword, or moving with the ring cost additional hunger
- Expensive: No negative effects, just an expensive recipe
- Very Expensive: No negative effects, just a very expensive recipe
- Damage: Using the tool costs extra durability
- Slowness: Induces the Slowness effect on use
- Experience: Moving with the ring slowly drains experience
- Will there be more modifiers and tools soon?
- Yup. I plan to add more modifiers, tools, and possibly change balance (points, recipes, etc.). If you have some suggestions, let me know!
- Is there an easy way to disable AoE mining? (Size Upgrade, Depth Upgrade, Vein Upgrade, etc.)
- Sneaking will disable all AoE mining effects.
- Why can’t I use Speed Upgrades and Speed downgrades at the same time?
- Some modifiers cannot be used together, generally ones with opposite effects.
- How do I repair my tools? I’m worried about losing all my modifiers when they break.
- When the tool breaks, you do not lose it. It just becomes unusable until it is repaired. To repair it, put it into a crafting grid with Iron Ingots.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Modular Tools Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
Download latest file:
This Mod is made by zero__fall, all credit to modder. Visit the original Mod thread here for all info.