- Updated on: June 26, 2016
- Newest File: 1.7.10 TD1
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
MODDL Mod is a new minecraft mod to make playing on a modded minecraft server easy! It downloads the mods right when you join, so you don’t need to go scavenging through the internet to find every one or download many files, because MODDL takes care of it for you!
Here is how it works now (will DEFINITELY change soon):
- Checks the config, and makes one if there isnt
- Looks to see if the user requests the mod itself to be force-updated or the mods in the repo to be force-updated
- Formats the config to work with the next startup
- Runs the specified tasks as defined from the config step
- Pulls a list of mods from a specified server (ex. my server:http://opifex.ddns.net/MODDL/index.html)
- Take all links from the page and store them
- Downloads all mods specified with the links
- Names the mods with their link original text
- Moves the files into the mods folder
Things I am planning to add for the next test build:
- More config options – COMPLETE!
- A better way of managing the repositories – Working on it!
- Make it download mods ONLY when joining a server (if possible) – COMPLETE!
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the MODDL Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by UltraTechX, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.