Minimapsync Mod 1.8.9,1.8,1.7.10 allows users to synchronize their way points from either Zan’s Minimap (Voxelmap), Rei’s Minimap or Journey Map with the server, which must have Minimapsync installed for that. Optionally you can install dynmap on your server and enable the dynmap feature in the minimapsync configuration file to see all server waypoints on there.
The mod has an option to only allow ops to add new waypoints to the server and has a command based waypointmanager on the server to delete waypoints and recover them (also only for ops). Per default the key to sync waypoints is F12, this can be changed via the normal keybind-menu.
This mod also allows teleporting to waypoints with the command /warptowaypoint in short /wtw followed by the name of the waypoint (This also works in SSP). There are also commands like /sendwaypoint or /sync for the different modes explained on the forum page. You can edit some config options via command /mmsc.
- Synchronization: Playing in SMP or a local multiplayer game you just have to press the configured key to start a synchronization. The default synchronization key is “F12”, however you can change this via the vanilla minecraft keybinding configuration menu. After pressing this key the mod will send all waypoints that are set to be visible to the server, which adds unknown waypoints to its internal list of waypoints and then sends back all waypoints that are not yet on the client, which will then appear on your minimap.
- Teleportation: To teleport to a waypoint (in SSP & SMP) just use the build in feature of Zans Minimap or if you are using Reis Minimap use the command /warptowaypoint, in short /wtw followed by the name of the waypoint you want to teleport to.This command can automatically complete your typed name by pressing the tab-key. WARNING: This mod will not check if it is safe to teleport you, so you may suffocate in a wall or die from fall damage, if the waypoints are not set safe or if something was built on them or removed around them, so be carefull with using this command.
- Server Configuration: As of version b0.5 minimapsync now has a very simple configuration file, which will only be generated on the server. The file can be found in the /config folder. If you change the config value to 2 in there the server will be set to command synchronization. This will prevent normal users from sending waypoints to the server, they can only receive the waypoints that are allready present on the server. However this would be useless if there was no way to send new waypoints to the server, so there is a way, but to read more about that way of adding waypoints to the server head on to “Command Synchronization” further down the page. If you change the value to 1 the normal synchronization will be enabled, so F12 will synchronize all enabled (visible) waypoints. If you set it to 3 the new read only mode will be enabled, this means, that F12 will only receive waypoints and everyone has the right to send a waypoint to the server with command /sendwaypoint.
- Command /sendwaypoint: This command allows you to send a single waypoint to the server. Usage is like so: You enter the command followed by the name of the waypoint you want to send, done.
- Command Synchronization: Now that there is a way of protecting the server from others adding waypoints youll need a way to add waypoints to the server, besides editing *.minimapsync files. There comes this little command /snyc. This is only available for ops (operators). The command will sync your visible waypoints like a normal sync to the server.
- Delete waypoint from server: To delete a waypoint from the servers list use the command /delpoint or in short /dp followed by the name of the waypoint to delete the specified waypoint, if there are multiple waypoints with the same name the server will ask you which one to delete. You do not have to make sure that the waypoint is removed from any client, because deleted waypoints now are put on a blacklist and wont be added to the server anymore. This command can automatically complete your typed name by pressing the tab-key. As of version b0.4 you now have to use the command /wpm (waypointmanager) followed by the parameter “dp” and the name of the waypoint(this command still supports tab-completion).
- Recover a deleted Waypoint: Well there was a way to delete a waypoint from the server, but what about recovering it? As of version b0.4 you now can get a waypoint back onto the servers list by using the new waypointmanager command /wpm with the parameter “rp” followed by the name of the deleted waypoint, this command also supports tab-completions.
This mod can be installed on your server without all players having installed this mod, so you can download and install it as server host and tell your users about it, however they do not have to install it to be able to join your server, its just an additional feature to your server, which users can use.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Minimapsync Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
Download latest file:
This Mod is made by james94jeans2, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.