- Updated on: September 2, 2016
- Newest File: 2.0.4r Release
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.8.9,1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
For years I have struggled with different Animation APIs. AnimationAPI by thehippomaster was a huge step but just isn’t enoguh (shoutouts to him, he got me to this). With this mod you can create difficult animations in about 20 Minutes time.
What’s so different about this mod compared to other is that you have the possibility – you are not forced to – to make your mobs and animations swappable with resource packs. Not only textures, the whole mob can be replaced (bounding boxes will currently not be replaced, that’s WIP). That allows your users to create their own experience.
Minecraft Animated Mod 1.8.9,1.7.10 adds the abiltiy for modders to enjoy a simple and powerful (free third-party) animation tool (Blender) to create and animate models and show them off in Minecraft. Animating your mobs, blocks and items was never this easy. Both models and animations can be customized heavily by the end-user through resource packs if you chose to allow this for your users. The difference to other mods like techne is that there are hardly any hard-coded values and no static animations making the resulting models both maintainable (just update the model) and customizable.
The mod is more an API for other mods to base their work on. It is meant to be a pre-requirement for more content-rich mods, or for resource-pack developers as a reference to make new models and customize animations.
To make models you need the program Blender. It is completly free and ever open-source, so you don’t need a license or pay anything (feel free to donate to them, though, it’s an awesome program). Part of this mod are plugins for Blender, but more can be found on the wiki.
How to install Minecraft Animated Mod:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Minecraft Animated Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by WorldSEnder, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.