- Updated on: January 11, 2017
- Newest File: Mine Trading Cards 2.0.1
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
Cards have a rarity. The rarity is just a decoration, it doesn’t alter the card uses.
- Common (Green)
- Uncommon (Orange)
- Rare (Red)
- Artifact (Cyan)
- Legendary (Purple)
Cards comes from here. Use the pack to obtain the cards contained inside. The packs are dropped from mobs, animals and players. You can change drop values in the mod configuration file
There are 8 cards per pack:
- 5 commons cards
- 2 uncommons cards
- 1 x card
The ‘x card’ is random. It can be a rare, ancient or legendary card.
meta: No duplicates, ‘x card’ rate is 26/3/1. The pack is consummed if at least one card was created.
The card is the core item of this mod. This is with this item that you’ll be able to use the main functions of the mod.
Using a card will display the illustration in full screen.
The card have tooltip with useful informations.
- Name and (rarity)
- Edition with the color of the rarity
- Position in the edition
The asterisks means that this information won’t always be present.
meta: “/! Missing client-side data” will be displayed if a card was generated, and in the mean time, it’s data was removed.
In that case, the card number will be ‘-1’
Too many cards ? Not enough chest ? Worry not, the binder is here !
With it’s 66 internal slots, and being portable, storing cards won’t be a problem anymore, and it’s cheap !
meta: The binder will only accept valid cards inside
Want to rub your collection to the face of everyone ? The displayer is here. A sort of chest with four slots, but will display the illustrations of the cards that are stored inside
Displaying your wealth isn’t cheap
meta: Will only accept cards. Direction in the UI is where the illustration will be facing. A card without illustration or data will display a normal card icon.
Now MTC have a basic game system shipped in !!
Terms that will be used:
- Arena: The surface where a game takes place. An arena is composed of Arena Cell Blocks
- Team: Designate the player, or a group of player
An arena. Please note that placing lava near the cards is a bad idea
Arena Cell Block
This is the block that will form the arena. The arena can be any shape as long as the blocks are near each other, and only on the horizontal dimension. When place, the block is marked as unusable by the current game, to prevent the perturbation of any played games.
Red ACB: They are marked as unusable. Note that those tiles won’t be used during play
White ACB: Standard color, they can be used for a game
Use the block with a card in your right hand to place the card. A card can be refused if the block is marked as unusable, it has a card already in it, the card you’re trying to place is invalid or the card power is zero.
Destroying a block will mark all near blocks as unusable
Team 1 is purple, team 2 is orange
meta: When placing a card near a card with missing data, the invalid card cell will be marked as unusable.
Card Arena Controller
This little gadget will allow you to control the arena behaviour. The red one is a standard CAC, and the yellow one is the admin’s one.
The CAC have different modes;
- “Arena control”: Display informations about the current status of the arena
- “Clean – Team 1”: Will remove the cards that have been place by team 1. Mark the arena as unusable
- “Clean – Team 2”: Will remove the cards that have been place by team 2. Mark the arena as unusable
- “Arena setup”: Will ready the arena. Mark the arena as usable. Canceled if any cards are present on the arena
Admin CAC will contains the same modes, with some exclusives one;
- “Change status – Cell”: Will reverse the status of the cell: usable/unusable
- “Change status – Arena”: Will reverse the status of the arena
- “Skip turn”: Will skip turn of the current playing team. Next team to play will be displayed in the chat
- “Wololo”: Will change the team of the card
- “Pop”: Remove the card from the arena
How to play
The rules are easy to understand:
- Place a card
- When a card is placed or converted, all adjacent cards with a lower power value are converted
- If the power of a card is the difference between two adjacents cards, then those two cards are converted
- The winner is the one who have the higher cards count
There are two teams. Turns alternates when cards are place.
Where does those rules comes from ?
One day, a exhibition on tabletop games was held in my town, and the creators of a particular games caught my attention. I played a few games with them and told them I was going to make a game with tose mechanics. I was wondering how to start and then noticed that I had already a card application without any real gameplay. So I decided to reproduce this game in MTC!
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Mine Trading Cards Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by Tradeworld, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.